1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any Dispensationalist in the house?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be the temple during the period of the reign of jesus here upon the earth, as when it is the time when all nations gather to come to God and worship Him, so NOT being used in a salvation sense, but as a memorial!

2. vooks

vooks Active Member

Excuse me funny man,
    You have sin sacrifices as a memorial of the ALREADY shed blood of Jesus?:laugh:

Ezekiel 43:19-25 (KJV)
    And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering. 20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it. 21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary. 22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock. 23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish. 24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the Lord. 25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish

God revives Leviticus for a memorial? If men sin they offer sacrifices instead of turning to Jesus reigning somewhere on earth? Get serious

And why don't you have the same sacrifices NOW for a memorial?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because that was to be instituted by Jesus during His reign here on earth, so that would not be happening now in the Church Age!

4. vooks

vooks Active Member

What special conditions exist in the future that warrant reverting to Leviticus which are clearly lacking now?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I admire your courage but question your intellectual acuity! Do you understand you may not survive even asking one of those questions on this BB?

6. vooks

vooks Active Member

:laugh:
    Now that's a good joke.
    BB is for Baptists first,and then others including SDAs.
    Dispensationalism is not unique to Baptists,it cuts across sects and Darby certainly was no Baptist. So I doubt they squirm in their theological high horses over such questions and I don't recall dispensationalism being a test of orthodoxy.

Are you a dispensationalist yourself?

Ps: I fully understand that for most American evangelicals, opposing Dispensationalism and treason are bedfellows

#46 vooks, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  7. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what exactly do you think is going on in that passage of Ezekiel?

8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going to join this party but the post is entertaining... But post this question is the Lord Of Glory coming back for restoration, reconstruction or resurrection?... The scripture emphatically, strongly, indicate the truth of the latter... That what I am waiting for the incorruptible, immortal, resurrection of this changed physical body!... That's all that matters to me!... Brother Glen

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he will, as we have evn those who stand up for far worse theologies then Dispy here, such as Church of Rome, SDA, and WoF!

10. OldRegular

It is to many on this Baptist Board. For some I am afraid it is a test of Salvation but they are not allowed to say that!

NO! But I have been accused of worse!

I would not say they are bedfellows exactly but, in the eyes of some, the penalty should be the same! :tonofbricks:

However, Scripture shows that God chastened Israel under the Old Covenant when they went after idols so perhaps there is hope.:praying::godisgood:

Post Script: Darby is an ugly word to some dispensationalists on this Baptist Board. I can't understand why!:confused:

#50 OldRegular, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  11. vooks

vooks Active Member

There is nothing to think here, just scriptures to study.
    1. There are meticulous instructions/blueprints for a mega temple and Levitical sacrifices
    2. All this is God's will,purpose and intent
    3. The vision(s) were given some hundreds of years BC
    4. Today, some thousands of years after, we have no mega temple nor Levitical sacrifices nowhere

My thoughts,
    The temple was a conditional promise to Israel upon their return from captivity. They never kept their part and God did not so the temple was never built nor will it ever be built. Note that this is not a position I hold with all my heart. What am totally persuaded is there is no ROOM for a temple and bloody sacrifices post-Calvary

The hapless dispensationalist who pretends to adopt a literal approach shoots himself in the foot....actually they blow off both their feet with a sawed off shot gun when it comes to Ezekiel;

1. They are forced to admit to a literal mega temple and Levitical sacrifices post Calvary
    2. #2 totally contradicts EVERYTHING the book of Hebrews and Col 2:14-16 stands for
    3. They try to salvage their wreck theories by pushing the temple and sacrifices to another 'age' or 'dispensation' where the efficacy of the precious blood of Jesus is suspended and bloody animal sacrifices take over
    4. Others entertain CO-EXISTENCE of the bloody sacrifices and Calvary. Jesus is King ruling from Jerusalem and men are offering sin offerings in Jerusalem under His instruction for their sins! The enormity of the lunacy of flirting with this idea petrifies me.
    5. The most preposterous claim in my opinion is one that not only places the temple in a utopic Millenial reign, but which restricts it to Jews. Gentiles were drawn to Calvary without Leviticus. But Jews with Leviticus generally missed Calvary. Yet according to this theory, some more of Leviticus in future would somewhat draw them to Calvary, to the reigning King of Jerusalem while drawing the then Gentile without Leviticus!

#51 vooks, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  12. vooks

vooks Active Member

Brother Glen,
    Jewish scribes had something called Rule of Absurdity where any interpretation of a text whose logical out-working leads to an absurdity is seriously reconsidered.

I don't really think this is entertaining as much as it is exposing the absurdities of American evangelicals' pet theory; Dispensationalism.

Once again, I insist I don't have all answers to Ezekiel's mega Temple no it's sacrifices but am certain as I am of my salvation that it serves no purpose post-Calvary, and my Lord and Savior is a God of purpose.

The book of Hebrews summarily dispenses with Leviticus

13. vooks

vooks Active Member

Ezekiel 43:6-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Then I heard Him speaking to me from the temple, while a man stood beside me. 7 And He said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. No more shall the house of Israel defile My holy name, they nor their kings, by their harlotry or with the carcasses of their kings on their high places. 8 When they set their threshold by My threshold, and their doorpost by My doorpost, with a wall between them and Me, they defiled My holy name by the abominations which they committed; therefore I have consumed them in My anger. 9 Now let them put their harlotry and the carcasses of their kings far away from Me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.

10 “Son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern. 11 And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the temple and its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, its entire design and all its ordinances, all its forms and all its laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them. 12 This is the law of the temple: The whole area surrounding the mountaintop is most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.

Once again please note that the temple is God's idea and not Babel. YHWH wanted/will is keeping of the temple ordinances.

Somebody the other day suggested that the temple will be built right up before Rapture,and 3.5 years after Rapture AntiChrist defiles it and then tribulation begins.

This is all fancy but it does not explain the purpose the temple will be serving BEFORE. Why would God direct Jews away from Calvary from Melchizedek and back to Levi only for Antichrist to come and rain on the parade?

Note the verse 9 condition. God would do X if Israel did Y

14. vooks

vooks Active Member

:laugh:
    My brother, we are here to sharpen each other. Recall what they did to Steve? They stoned him while shutting their ears. Truth can elicit unbelievable reactions

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs: Amen Brother Glen!

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anti-Christ - fictitious creation of Dispensationalism, rife with convoluted speculation and sensationalism.

17. vooks

vooks Active Member

18. OldRegular

19. vooks

vooks Active Member

1 Corinthians 11:24-26 (KJV)
    24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
    26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Please note that we commemorate Christ's sacrifice by bread and wine. Dispensationalism imagines that at some future point in time we will depart from these and revert b k to bloody sacrifices as a memorial:tonofbricks:

Ezekiel 45:22 (KJV)
    And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering

It is funny that the prince here, largely assumed to be Christ offers a sacrifice for himself and for the people.:tonofbricks:

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you and him stating that there is no personal AntiChrist then?