1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any FORMER Masons here? Current ones?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, May 15, 2013.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

As in you were one and you came to the conclusion it wasn't right, so you left?
    Curious...

Anyone here a Mason, and you enjoy your time in the organization and what you do in your community?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, never have changed my first or last name:smilewinkgrin:

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a mason, father was 33rd degree/shriner one...

Saw his masonic bible, and literature, definitely NOT a Chrsitian group, nor one to attend!

4. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    X2. My grandfather was a mason.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Sovereign, are you an ex Mason?

6. Allan

Allan Active Member

Long ago I posted extensively on the subject.

There is no way a person can be an active, professing mason and saved, in my opinion.

Masonry, contrary to their public statements, is a religious organization even according to their own book and members. It's meetings places are called Lodges and/or temples (and stated as such in their books).. any religious book can be used in it's worship/meetings.

Names of the leaders are things like Worhshipful master, High Priest, master, etc...

Another interesting point is that in the Mason's teaching, the actual name of God has been lost.. thus no one knows what God's true name is. However in their 7th Royal Arch degree (which added on to the original 3), they state that THEY are the only ones who know God's true name which to their teachings is Jah-buh-lun; a merging of Baal (pronouced Bale or Bul) from the Babylonians, Jehovah from the Jews, and On (or Amun from Egptian Sun god).

A mason must be buried in his white lambskin apron in order allow him access to the 'Great Lodge'. I wont quibble as to whether or not they hold to the actual lambskin saving them, I believe the piece confirms that they hold their 'works' earns them the right into the Great Lodge.
    So for all intents and purposes, it holds to a false gospel message for how one enters into Heaven. Being a member means you agree with this teaching.

#6 Allan, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The Mormon cult would fit in perfectly with the Masons. I always heard they had secret signals to recognize each other. That explains all those Dick Tracey decoder rings from back in the 60s.

[​IMG]

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Allan, are you an ex-Mason?

9. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I was a Master Mason for several years later becoming a 32 Degree Mason. I am not posting to talk down or ridicule Free Masonry. There were several things after I became a Scottish Rite Mason (32 Degree) that I did not feel comfortable with although I conferred several different degrees I felt it conflicted with the scripture although a lot of Masonic Ritual is taken from the Bible. After much thought, prayer and soul searching I had my name expnunged from all masonic organizations. Some of the finest men I know belong to the Masons including some from my church. I have a lot of social and business contacts that were made through the Masons. I hope this might answer some of your questions.
    PS; Also reading the writings of Albert Pike helped me come to this conclusion.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was there any hassle when you resigned?

11. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

None whatsoever. This was an organization of integrity.

12. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, no I was never a mason. Berean, If it was an organization of integrity why did you resign?

13. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Read the post thoroughly.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    based upon my studies on masons...

Don;t they hold to going to heaven based upon our purity of life/conduct, and hold that ALL releigions are equall, so just practice islam/Christian/Jewish, as they see God in all of them?

15. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Just like Fundamentalist and Legalist do.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing cause they sound so much alike.:laugh:

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A friend of mine's grandfather was a devout Christian. He told his grandson that he never regretted anything he had done in his life EXCEPT joining the Masons.

He told his family to make sure that the Masons have nothing to do with his funeral when he dies.

18. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Huh?

That's a bit heavy-handed isn't it?....Are you saying that ALL IFB's or Bible Fundamentalists are legalistic? Please clarify. If that is what you are saying then I believe that is wrong. That assumes that anybody who tries (once he or she is saved) to live by a Biblical code of conduct is in some way a legalist. See Titus 2:11-15.

Bro.Greg:saint:

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

For some reason, I looked into them a lot years ago, but have forgotten anything I learned. Stupid memory issues!

Anyhow, they had this parade thing out here and the sheer numbers astounded me. They seem to be very large in numbers where I am and have a whole lot of influence/impact on the community as far as helping out and such. During the parade, there was such a variety of different things or groups of them representing things that I had no clue about, didn't know what they were or what they did or why. Some were very obvious, like the hospital stuff and all that, but other stuff was just confusing, like the Oriental stuff (it was actually called Oriental so I'm not just using that word out of nowhere) or the one where they were all dressed like they were from India or something, but none on those floats appeared to be Oriental or from India so I didn't get it at all.

With it being a group and with it spoken of as being kinda secretive, I'm wondering about special things they do, like if they self-choose to bestow an honor on someone in the community they want to choose for doing something decent or they want to choose out a student who has done a lot of community work. Would they normally choose someone from among their own, or is it common for them to reach out beyond their group and just pick someone? Is this just typical of what they try to do in communities? Do they normally go outside of religious places for this, or do they not classify as religious, or are do they consider themselves both a community and a religious organization?

Do they let people in from ANY religion, or is it something where you need to be Baptist or some type of Protestant, or do you have to have a religion at all to be a Mason?

20. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Just an observation....

I believe it is generally true that among older SBC congregations you'll find many men who are Masons. My old late SBC granddaddy was a Mason and I seem to remember my grandmother telling me that Pop loved the masons. I always remember him fondly but my relationship with him was mostly during the years I was a small child so I know little of his personal life as a professing Christian. I hope he will be there when I get to heaven. I have little doubt that I'll find my grandmother there. I believe I'm saved today partly due to HER prayers for me.
    Anyway...most SBC Pastors (including my own) have little to say about the Masons as far as I can tell. The IFB's are far more likely to preach against them. One of the two men that teaches my adult men's SS class is, I believe, a mason....I have seen his ring. I will admit that I have never tried to discuss the matter with him for two reasons....#1..I'm not all that knowledgeable on the matter...and #2...I'm not sure I could discuss the matter with him without it becoming an argument. I have placed books and literature in the church library (which I run) that is also IN our SS classroom that discuss the topic critically. One of these days I may have to try and approach him about the matter.

Bro.Greg:saint: