1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ANY Hear read/hear About The Detrpoi Christian Prayer walk Past saturday?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

This has been building up since early 2011, as a local Pastor got the "vision" to start up EACH in Detroit, which is basically a Church mandate to go out into the metro Detroit region and proclaim the Gospel to all..

Grown to encompass nearly 500 local detroit Churches, and was "kicked off" with over 20,000 Christians wsalking/praying/proclaiming thru heart of Detroit past saturday.

Now starts in earnest on easter weekend, with all 500 Churches stressing for next 40 days outreach, good works, and proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in local community.

Yheir vision is to have one day ALL major cities having a "JESUS March" outreach into community on same day, and to be witnesed around the World by electronic means...

Any one else hear see/read, or maybe viewed it on You tube?

#1 JesusFan, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
  2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember when I was in the WoF movement. The "March for Jesus" was huge. We'd all walk around, singing "Shine, Jesus, Shine" and then go back to the church and pat ourselves on the back.

No point to it, really.

I'm always skeptical of these big movements. If they're not already going out and preaching the Gospel, then it's really no different than a fat person saying, "No, no, this time I really mean it! I'm going to lost that last two hundred pounds!"