1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any one Else here have a "blended baptist Church?"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church is 100% sovereign grace (Calvinistic soteriology) but allow folks great latitude in interpreting Scriptures in areas like prophecy.

1644 and revised 1689 London Baptist confession simply states Christ is coming again. No pre-post-a-mid-pan, no details of rapture-rupture-kingdom-tribulation.

So we have some who would be progressive dispensational, some new covenant (but not baby sprinklers), some a-mil and most pre-trib. And don't really care. People know where I'm at, but I don't play the "I'm right and you're wrong" of many pastors.

We only support reformed/Calvinistic style ministries, obviously, since they are an extension of our church.

2. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

Guess where I did my undergrad? Philly. Yes I would know a thing about it as I found a nice, sound church to attend there. You're the one judging pal. I've even *gasp* been outside of the country numerous times. Dog patch, yep, sure. Your character has shown its self plenty on this board. I pity you and your attitude

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is this an excuse to join apostate church?

4. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

I would like my edited post to show why it was edited. It was not because of anything I said but was edited by a moderator to cover up filthy language by EWF

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do they sweetheart :smilewinkgrin:
    Now don't ask them about being born again, or about doctrine or about anything theological.....you will get a blank stare. But they are Christians....and proud......and belong to a "church ".......come to think of it, so do Roman Catholics & JW 's...:laugh:

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "an excuse"?...no...just speaking of the reality that in any church there are some who are in reality not really not going to stand the judgement of God.
    they are in actuality not members by new birth, no matter what they profess with their lips;

15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I quoted point 3...the first two sections speak in the positive...

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First......lets get this straight. Your not my pal. Next Pilly is not Nw New Jersey....so your still clueless. But had I been in Philly id had of gone to 10 th Presbyterian. Oh and again....I couldnt care less what you think. Learn to mind your own business.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny....a week ago you admonished me for going to an apostate church.:laugh:

9. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

You post on a messageboard. When you do that everyone sees what you post. It isn't private and no one is prying in your precious business you're making it public. The point was I was in Philly and have been to Jersey plenty. You aren't in some third world country, you just lack humility. And that's a shame. Good luck

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EWF: You are on a downward spiral. Remember this is a Christian forum. And you shouldn't be acting this way even on a non-Christian forum because you claim the Name of Christ.

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well EWF...no one is suggesting going to apostate churches at all,at least not as a regular attendee.
    the confession deals with a sad reality, but a reality nevertheless.
    It is speaking of what can be biblically described as a true church.

Any church holding to the biblical gospel [the blood of the cross] and looking for the return of Christ....is going to have unsaved come in to visit.Some like some of the people and might want to become members ...without ever having been born of God.

There have been several times when I have attended churches that did not share what i would hold, and yet there were saints there. When i am in that situation short term...I pray to be able to help some new believer , offer some verses , fellowship about common issues,and reinforce some basic truths that will help him long term.

That is different from marching into a "unitarian fellowship" with a scripture denying lesbian in the pulpit,and "seeing" if I could help there.
    If they are that far gone, they do not even have faith in the biblical teaching of scripture at all...there is no bond, or unity of the Spirit even possible .

If you review the whole section the confession usually frames the issue out;
    http://www.vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc26.html

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know where I am posting & you have no clue what your talking about. you dont know where I live & you dont know who I have spoken to.....so you make assumptions & wild accusations which I will repeat, are none of your business. But you at the same time claim the blood of Christ & yet you judge me! Right. I dont need luck, I am a full born regenerated Christian ...... I have Christ as my Lord & Savior so stick that one in your pipe & smoke it.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh thats just fine.......Father Pacula over at St Marys of Assumption will welcome me back with open arms then.

But know this....... I WILL DISTURB THEIR CHURCH ORDER!

.....Or perhaps this church isnt biblical.

Could you help me out & list out churches that ARE biblical?

Thanks

#33 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a threat your personally imposing on me Rippon? Yes I claim the name of Christ, but even Christ called out hypocrisy & unchristian like behavior when he saw it.......so why should I not emulate?

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please remember that those of us ho have been saved by grace of God can and do hold differing viewpoints in doctrines, and that we still agree on the essentials of the faith!

i am a Christian, who holds to baptist views, who is dispy and calvinistic, but primarily Chrsit first and foremost!

keep THAT in mind, and we can agree to disagree, but also still encourage and teach each other!

i have found best way to keep unity among the bethren is to earnest pray for each other, hard to stay mad when focused on jesus and intervening forothers!

16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think that we must remember that we can freely hold to differing opinions, as long as they are within orthodoxy, for why should we baptists incist all be cals or arms or whatever, as don't we place priority on believers having right to individual beliefs and practices?

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me, but we(as Baptists) DO place priority on believers having the LIBERTY to individual beliefs & practices

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK then......would you ever go to a church that was Calvinistic & Covenental & Amill?

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me Ax you, are these what you consider the essentials of the church......the Quote comes from Iconoclast who got them from the Ole 1689 Confessions.

Since im not reformed, I dont hold to Confessions but since we can learn from our Reformed Brethren..........

Any church holding to the biblical gospel [the blood of the cross] and looking for the return of Christ