1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any One Know About BaptistLife Com?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Ran into that web site on the web...

Anyone know anything about them, what kind of baptists?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Baptist Life is a discussion forum like this one, except it skews more to moderate-liberal. I occasionally contribute, since I am a member, sort of one of the token conservatives.

I will say that that they have been cordial to me, even while disagreeing with me.

I think there are a couple of Calvinists there, which is unusual to me. One doesn't normally equate liberals with Calvinism.

Just don't expect much good to be said about the SBC. The board has some CBFers who are still upset at the conservative takeover.

There used to be another Baptist forum much farther to the left, called Thinking Baptists. They tended to be more Alliance of Baptists types. I check in the last few minutes and it apparently has shut down.

#2 Tom Butler, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  3. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I am also a member of BaptistLife.com. Tom described it well. There are very few Scripture debates on BaptistLife; most discussions are about happening in Baptist churches and organizations.