1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any other accredited seminaries (Besides Liberty) that accept UA degrees?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by labaptist, Dec 30, 2010.

1. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

I know Liberty has accepted unaccredited bachelor's degrees from schools such as LBU, CES and Andersonville. Are there any other accredited seminaries that do this?

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. You must take the GRE test, and make the minimum score. Also, they only allow a certain amount of these "probationary" students to be admitted each term. Each case is evaluated individually, though, so no guarantees. I was admitted on a "non-degree" basis (I am enrolled at Liberty, and taking language classes at NOBTS, since Liberty does not have distant ed. Greek and Hebrew. This is what I had to do.)

3. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

On an Andersonville group I've heard Luther Rice accepts their Bachelors for entrance into their masters.

4. Siberian

Siberian New Member

LRU will take a limited number of people with UA degrees each semester. I think the total has to be less than 10% of a program admissions. Like other schools, they consider UA degrees (and the people who hold them) on a case by case basis.

5. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

I ended up getting an Associates from Andersonville. Luther Rice has said they accept credits from there so I'm considering transfering there.