1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any other Palm users?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by James_Newman, Jun 28, 2006.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I have been using a Palm TX for the last 6 months, and have been pretty happy with it. I am wondering if there is any must-have software that I am missing out on? One of my favorites is MyCheckbook. I have been using it to keep up with my bank balance for a few months, I love it.

2. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

I've had four Palms over the last ten years -- currently using Zire 72. For me, the "must have" software is BibleReader from Olive Tree Bible Software (www.olivetree.com) That, along with DataViz Documents To Go so I have Word and Excel available (www.dataviz.com/documents) And, since I'm into genealogy, PAF offers tha ability to carry the entire database -- mine right now is several thousand (www.familysearch.org) And, of course, one's favorite game!!

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, all of us are palm users, we all hold our ppcs in our palms :laugh:

I know, I could have gone a long long time without interupting your thread - back to sleep :sleeping_2:

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I havent really used documents to go, it did come with my palm, I just don't use a lot of office docs. Olive tree is excellent bible software, I love it.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I just saw that there is a Palm OS version of the sword project now.
    I haven't used it yet though. I have always used Olive Tree as well.

6. Aubre

Aubre New Member

I have a LifeDrive and I use it to listen to podcasts, browse the web and read the Bible with BibleReader and Bible+. Unfortunately the number of translations you can get for free to use is very limited.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The M125 got me hooked several years ago. I can't live without my Tungsten E2. Docs to Go and Olive Tree are probably my most used applications. I probably overuse the notepad :laugh:

8. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Do you have the URL on that sword project for Palm? A quick search didn't show it. Thanks in advance!

9. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I have a Palm Tungsten T5, I also use Bible+ and I also use TomTom Navigator 5 with a Bluetooth GPS receiver. I also put songs on a 1GB SD card and use it like an iPod. Is the sword project y'all were talking about the e-sword program? I use that on my computer but wasn't aware that it was available for the Palm, I know that it is for the Pocket PC.