1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any SAR/DAR members here?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Mark Fesco, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco New Member

Anyone a member of the Sons of the American Revolution (or Daughters) here?

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I am in the process of becoming a member of the DAR. My sister is already in, so it shouldn't be too hard.

3. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco New Member

I too am about to apply for membership. My Uncle is in it so it also shouldn't be a big deal.

I like to randomly search ebay. Anyways, one of the things I consistently find in reference to SAR members is that they sell a beautiful SAR medal along with a copy of the genealogy report. I was wondering if they just give those to you?

I am excited about joining though. Ive become a Rev War junky and then I come to find out I have 4 relatives who have fought in the war. Awesome, really.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Yes I am a Son of the Revolution, but I am not a "member" of the organization.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I don't think they just give them to you. My sister didn't get any pin, but did get a beautiful certificate she has framed and hung in her family room. Maybe you get a pin for being in for a certain number of years or something.

I am a Rev War junkie, too. I adore George Washington. When I started researching my family history, I found that my ancestor and my husband's ancestor were at Valley Forge together. Strange, isn't it? I'd like to visit someday.