1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Any thoughts on the Matrix Reloaded Movie?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Wisdom Seeker, May 19, 2003.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion.

I heard it made a record amount on it's first weekend of release. $90 Million.

editted because I don't think I added enough zero's to million. In fact I don't think I can think in numbers that high.

[ May 20, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Wisdom Seeker ]

2. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

No thoughts? Isn't it strange that a movie about man's inablility to be God..ie: Bruce Almighty got such a strong and negative response.

While this movie doesn't seem to generate any opinion?

3. Charlesga

Charlesga New Member

I haven't seen either Matrix or Matrix Reloaded, although I am going to rent the first and go see the second. I have friends that claim it is great and has an important message.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Laurenda, I ahven't seen it yet, my husband doesn't want to waste the money to go, so we will wit for video. I was waiting to make a comment on it till my son was available he saw it Saturday night.

He says, they tried too hard to make it better thent eh first movie, and introduced a lot of new stuff and didn't explain it, what it was , or where it came from, just stuck it out there like it had always been there and you should know what it is.
    All in all not a very good movie.

My thoughts, I think it has some great special effects, some of which had not been done before they made this first movie and I look forward to seeing it. Even if it leaves me confused about the new stuff.
    I read this article in Christianity Today magazine on line you might find interesting.
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2003/119/51.0.html

5. Charlotte Marcel

Charlotte Marcel New Member

Another Christian revue of the movie

I haven't seen it. I don't really go to the movies much. I too was amazed at how much money it generated at the box office in it's first day of release.

The first Matrix had many Christian undertones that a non-christian may not recognize including it's very name. Matrix is a word used in the KJV Bible that means womb.

I'm not sure if the makers motives for doing this are pure. It is apparent however that it was intentional.

God Bless You,
    Charlotte

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I just watched the first Matrix. Verrrrry interesting is the best I can do, because I was not half into it in parts, because I was trying to do things.