1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone ever hear of .....

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by wpe3bql, Nov 11, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

..... an organization known as World Help? ( www.worldhelp.net ) [WH]

If you haven't, you're missing out on a great opportunity to, as James writes, "....visit the fatherless....in their affliction.... (James 1:27).

At the local church of which I've been a member for over 20 years----Lighthouse Christian Fellowship ( www.lighthouseministries.org ) [LCF], we've been actively engaged in supporting WH's outreach in several continents for years.

Her "Children of the World 'Rescue Team'" has some 10 more months to travel all over the USA. If you ever get an opportunity to attend their well produced, choreographed program, by all means make an effort to attend.

Behind each smiling face of the young boys and girls performing is a story that will absolutely break your heart.

While each child's story is different in the fine details, they all were once living in squalor until some person literally rescued them.

Now, those to whom World Help has been able to rescue are no longer physically hungering, or forced to drink contaminated water. They now have nice, clean clothes instead of dirty rags---or nothing at all. They now have proper medical attention. They have a school to teach them not only the basics of academics, but God's Word.

Just as any young child has dreams of growing up and becoming a person who can contribute to his/her society, these young ones from Nepal or the Philippines or Honduras or Uganda or other lands in "the regions beyond" have dreams of being a teacher, or an engineer, or a scientist, or even a president.

Please take a few minutes to visit WH's website.

Your outlook on this world's future generation(s) will change.

2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Sorry---I should have added a final "d" in the title of my OP.

Thus, the full title of my OP should read as follows: Anyone ever heard of an organization known as World Help?

The actual text of my OP can remain as it is.

The text is my own composition, not something directly copied from World Help's material.

The OP pretty much speaks for itself.

3. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

It sounds great, I'll definitely check it out. I love to get involved with ministries like this and truly help people.