1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone familiar with "I Am Second"?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Batt4Christ, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Batt4Christ

Batt4Christ Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Over the last year or so, I have heard more and more people speaking generally or in passing about "I Am Second". There is a single web site I can find in a google search that harps on "three major problems" with I Am Second... But it is a Church of Christ page - and of course, the # problem that page's writer has with the organization is that they preach "salvation by faith alone". Shame.... gotta hate it when an organization takes a biblical stand... :jesus:

The other two problems they have with it - the page claims that the I Am Second organization teaches that our relationship is to improve our life now. I haven't been able to find this on their web site, though who can deny that a personal relationship with Christ has an impact on our lives here-and-now (though the most important part is yet to come)?

The third argument against this organization is that they teach "the church you go to doesn't really matter". Again, I haven't seen this spelled out on the I Am Second web site - although they do take steps specifically to NOT tell you where to go to church (it does however promote the need to be involved in/a member of a local church).

So - anybody here know anything about this group - or have some experience with/insight into?

http://www.iamsecond.com

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We love I Am Second videos. It is a great site with amazing videos.

We use it for encouraging others and discussion in our groups. Most all of the videos are really great and speak specifically about life transformation through Christ.

I'd encourage anyone to check them out and be encouraged by them. :)

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I visited it last year after our then starting QB Colt McCoy was on there.
    Don't care for the name...Christ is first, OTHERS second, then us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

You reminded me of a sign in our Sunday School class when I was a child (100 years ago).

Jesus
    Others
    Yourself