1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone heard this?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Rachel, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Wow, this has taken such an awful, hateful turn today. I, too, am appalled at DHK's behavior on this board. It is futile to "blow the whistle" on his posts since Dr. Bob has come to his defense, but I want to have everybody reading this thread to still consider the whistle blown on his posts.

Is it any wonder that the unsaved don't want anything to do with us or the gospel?

This thread is disgusting. Would to God that it could return to civility and the spirit of humility.

Please forgive us Lord, for what is written in many place in this particular thread. We are so sorry for our arrogant, despicable pride. Please help us to see ourselves for what we really are--dirty, rotten sinners deserving hell apart from your amazing grace. We are so thankful for your salvation, Lord. Help us to be the light that draws people to yourself rather than the bitterness that drives them away. In Jesus' name, Amen.

2. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

DHK is correct when he states that if we are not worthy of being called Christian, then we shouldn't claim to be one; if we are not worthy of being a preacher then we shouldn't attempt to preach, etc.

Having said that, I also believe that [Bnone of us[/B] are worthy of the salvation so graciously given to us by God. Prior to salvation, there is no way anyone of us could be considered worthy of calling God Father, or Christ Brother. It is God's act of salvation of a sinner, by His grace that makes that sinner worthy to be called a child of God, brother of Christ and a joint heir with Him. In my opinion, I think this is what some of the posters are trying to say.

I may feel unworthy of being called to do a task for the Lord, but if He has called me, then I am worthy to do His bidding. Why? Just as my salvation has made me worthy to call Him Father, if He blesses me with a call to His service, then He has declared me worthy to perform that service.

However, those whom He has not called to a service, are obviously not worthy of attempting to perform that service, and must stop immediately.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Daniel,
    I resent the implication that I have posted in hate. I have not. I stand by what I have posted:

That any music that imitates a musician's secular music about someone's butt and sex is so profance it is blasphemous (especially when comparing it to the Word of God).

That "Chrisian music" sung by lesbians is not Christian at all.

That "Christian music" sung by sexual perverts has no place in Christianity.

That "Christian music" sung by drug addicts is just as abhorrent in the sight of God as the above.

If Christians don't like to call sin for what it is, then God help them.
    Habakkuk 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
    DHK

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I agree.

Administrator feel free to lock this thread.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Daniel and Rachel,
    Instead of posting "hateful accusations" are you not able to discuss the OP from a Scriptural point of view. Or are your viewpoints strictly based on your emotional attachment to music. If you notice, I have posted Scripture in almost all of my posts. What about you?
    DHK

6. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Hateful accusations? lol Right. :rolleyes:

There is no point in continuing this thread.

Again, Administrator you can lock this thread anytime.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So let it be written, so let it be done.

At the request of the originator of the thread it is locked and gone.