1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone into Southern Gospel?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Go Hyles!!!, May 9, 2007.

1. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Kingdom Heirs sang in local churches and concert halls in 1981. Later that year, they began singing at the Silver Dollar City theme park, which is now Dollywood. In 1986 when Dolly bought the park, The Kingdom Heirs were asked to become the resident gospel group.

Gold City, The Primitive Quartet, The McKameys, The Florida Boys, The Cathedrals, GVB, The Isaacs, The Happy Goodmans, The Talleys and many more are (some now retired) premiere!

2. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Who are The Talleys you refer to? Do you know where they were originally from? (Sorry, my Southern penchant for dangling participles showed up there! :laugh: )

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

there is a sounther gospel on line grouo called gospelmusicfriends.
    Revtabaassco is a member there and he is a preacher.
    Faithgirl

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like country gospel and bluegrass better, most times.

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go Hyles, I enjoy a number of the songs, but just don't keep up with the quartets. I'm not familiar with the Heritage Quartet.

6. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Talley Trio: Roger, Debra and Lauren Talley (husband, wife and daughter).
    From their website: While their roots are in southern gospel music, the east Tennessee family has developed a unique, progressive sound that combines southern gospel with praise and worship, hymns and other styles. The hallmarks of the “Talley” sound are their lush arrangements, close-knit harmonies and powerful vocals.

They're good stuff ...

7. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Lauren Talley has some kinda voice!!
    Wow!

They do a song titled "His Life for Mine". Awesome!

8. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awesome indeed! That is one great song ... [​IMG]

9. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While you are free to have your own opinion, I must respectfully disagree. Types of music is a subjective thing to evaluate - to each his own. Some of the theology is not good, but some of the theology in old fashioned hymns is not good either - what is needed is discernment to take the good and ignore the bad.

10. kimb1113

kimb1113 New Member

RevTabaasco is also on Sogospellovers and Sogospelnews message board as well, I know him from there!
    Anywho, I LOVE southern gospel music! It is THE BEST imo! My most favorite EVER is Karen Peck and New River!!! They are a southern gospel trio that is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!! They have a song that is my FAVORITE called "Four Days Late" It is such an awesome song! I LOVE it! along with all of their other stuff too!! Some others I enjoy are: Nelons, Booth Brothers, Talley Trio, Martins Greater Vision,Bishops,Hoppers, Signature Sound Qt., McKameys, Isaacs, Inspirations, Brian Free and Assurance, Ivan Parker, Gaither Vocal Band (although, I'm not a big Marshall Hall fan!), LordSong, Perrys, Mike Bowling, Original Hinsons, New Hinsons, Lauren Talley, Kenny Bishop, Mark Bishop, Cathedrals, some Crabb Family stuff and many more......Can you tell I'm hooked?!?! LOL!!!