1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone Know Pastor Jeff Owens?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was VP at Hyle's "college" and now pastors and does itinerant evangelism. I have heard nothing good about him, but a poster who cannot (because of webtv restrictions) start a thread asked me about him

I want to be TRUTHFUL and everything I've heard is negative. What have YOU heard? Gossip is not what we're looking for. Personal evaluation, doctrine, etc that you could share would be appreciated.

2. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I have never heard him in person, but have heard a few online sermons of his. IMO he is a little to harsh,(preaching the truth with out compassion) he preaches true doctrine right out of the Bible. I don't know if I would want to attend his church all the time or not, just from the few times I have heard him.

Cline

3. Tonja Buettner

Tonja Buettner New Member

Heard of him. Of course I have. He is the one that the ran the Bible Clubs in Hammond. He has some awesome books and tapes out about starting your own Clubs, my hubby and I started one following his outlines. He is an awesome teacher on Marriage, one of the best I've ever heard. I love his preaching. He tells it like it is, he's not a lacy panty wearing preacher tht walks thru the tulips to keep your feelings from getting hurt. He's KJB only, ( which depending on your point of view about the KJB is either a good thing or a bad thing) From my point of view, it a good thing. I didn't however realize he had his own Church. I knew he was praying about it. Anybody know where it is?

Tonja Buettner

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's wrong with lace?

5. Tonja Buettner

Lots of stuff is wrong with Lace if you are suppose to be a Man!!

6. er1001

er1001 New Member

I know of Br Owens, good guy "A".
    Come on Dr Bob you must have of something good about this great preacher.
    They say lace can be itchy,I wouldn't know !!

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the measure of a man is the amount, or lack there of, of lace in ones wardrobe!

To stay on topic, if Dr. Bob has questions about someone, then I would seriously consider what he has to say. He is not given to wild rumor and does not blindly follow those he has had agreement with in the past. It does strike me that this might be a good place to use the PM feature.

8. Tonja Buettner

I answered his question to the best of my ability, with a few colorful adj. that I threw in there for free.

Have YOU ever heard Bro. Ownes preach. His message titles alone are to the point, and colorful. So when you describe the man, you have to be colorful about it.

9. SoBlest

SoBlest New Member

I knew Jeff, casually, while at HAC. As to what he has become or what he preaches, I cannot address that. He has about 30 free sermons available online at...http://www.owenspublications.com/download.html

I recall him as a very good student, tho. He is presently pastor of Shenandoah Bible Baptist Church in Martinsburg,WV.