1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone know whats happened to this BB member?...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alive in Christ, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Bob Ryan.

Havent seen him in any threads lately, and noticed he hasnt posted since last November.

He is not listed as "banned".

Anyone know whats happened?

:godisgood:

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When he was here regularly and I debated with him quite a bit I would pray for him to see the truth of EGW and abandon that church. My hope is that he has been convicted and is taking some time to regain his composure before he comes back and shares.

When one's faith gets rocked it can take some time to recover because what you held as truth for so long gets ingrained in your very being. There is a former JW in our church and even after two years of liberation she says it is still difficult at times to comprehend Jesus as God because for twenty years it had been pounded into her head that He was not.

I can only hope for Bob, he means well. He is just caught up in a false prophet.

:jesus:

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Steaver,

You say that he just caught up in a false prophet. I disagree.

I have reading his many posts in the past. He believes in conditional salvation same as mine. He have been debate with them at baptistboard on salvation issue many times for long time. Probably he seems think debate on salvation issue is endless and it is forever. So, he lets it go, and leave baptists alone.

Ed Edwards is a good example at Baptistboard, he is pretrib, he and I both have been debate on rapture timing for long time. Still he and I disagree each other, end times and salvation debates are forever, it never stop. Till Jesus comes then the debates will all end up quickly, and all of us will look up at Jesus at once.

By the way, I doubt that, if suppose a person would saying to me in heaven or at His coming, "See! I told you so, I am right!" Many of us seem will forget the debates, and we all will look up at Christ at once. He will judge us all.

Also, I do believe that, there are MANY sincerely Baptists do believe in unconditional salvation, are truly saved, not because of believe in this doctrine, because they did serve the Lord, and did bring their fruits well. So, we have to be careful, not judge one others, let Christ judges us.

I am not worry about Bob Ryan. I am sure that he is doing fine, and focus on his own ministry, and serve the Lord.

By the way, I remember Diane or Diana, but I cannot remember her username. She used to make over 50,000 posts at Baptistboard years ago back in 2002 and 2003. She doesn't make post there anymore. I guess, is she in the heaven already? Right?

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

4. drfuss

drfuss New Member

drfuss: I was wondering that just the other day. Although from a different perspective, I found his posts interesting. Bob was rather involved in debating. Continual debating can drag you down spiritually. Perhaps he is just taking a rest to get refreshed.

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

True. Did anyone notice I was gone for a year, and just coming back? Bob was one of the people who "wore me out". On the sabbath issue more than conditional salvation, but that issue with him and the Catholics and Church of Christ can be disheartening, as it is so important in defining the Gospel message, yet we cannot agree, and everyone can take verses and make the Bible say whatever they want. (And Bob was totally bullheaded on his beliefs when shown Galatians which is the ultimate refutation of the sabbatarian position). And people in the world we try to witness to see this, when we try to talk about "biblical absolutes".
    Where do you get the sense his faith was "rocked"? Even I noticed his absence upon my return, and looked back at his last posts, and don't see where he was "rocked" or anything else that stood out. ('cause even when you give a verse that KO's his postion, he's still going to reassert his proof-texts, and paste those essays or whatever in all the different colors). So it's hard to believe he of all people would be "recovering" from anything, let alone even reconsidering. But who knows.
    I too hope something hasn't happened to him.

(I did run into another former member who got tired and dropped out; Abiyah, over on Crosswalks not too long ago).

#5 Eric B, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

In a way, he was caught up with a false prophet - Ellen White, the "prophet" of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Bob was/is SDA.

Their teachings are quite rigid but they are good at sounding like mainstream Christians. I am not saying they are not believers - I think many or most of them are. But Ellen White was a false prophet and the SDA teaching that one must worship on Saturday or get the mark of the Beast and thus not be saved when Jesus returns is heretical. Remember, this church was founded based on false prophecies of Jesus' return. When He didn't return, they changed their position and said Jesus did return - he entered the Sanctuary in heaven to being His "investigative judgment." It's very unbiblical teaching.

I see the SDA church as cultic, not a cult, but herterodox with cultic leanings.

#6 Marcia, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not know you were SDA also. Well, I then must say that you are caught up in a false prophet also.

BobRyan did very well at keeping the errors of EGW out of his converstaions here. He knew it is prohibited. Just because he does not believe in OSAS or Sunday worship does not make him unsaved, he is just misguided. :praying:

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't. The statement was made after I said this....

If this were true, and I have no "sense" that it is, his "faith" which includes errors of EGW/SDA would be rocked. I pray that it is true :praying:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All he could wear one out for sure. He had his talking points and no matter how many times you could show his errors he would just keep on posting and reposting his out of context talking points over and over. I had to take a break from him as well. In fact, I spent so much time with him that I quit even before he left and I doubt I would start up much with him again. Nothing personal. You can lead a horse to water but ye can't make him drink! :laugh:

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So far this thread has made some interesting reading.
    Things forbidden to discuss on BB. I Vote, for.
    Just made me think why the Sabbath has not been ruled out. I vote for BB.

Then some posters, they are not so shackled by their own doctrines as poor old Bob was; lucky!
    Like one who's not to be persuaded from his views on Galatians 4.

Now there's no one on BB who so differed with Bob Ryan as I (Forgive my idiomatic disadvatages, I'm a Boertjie.) But if there was one topic he was right at, it was his view on Galatians 4:10 in context.

There are MANY scholars not at all connected with SDA'sm, who are of Bob's opinion.

And going to non-denominational and doctrine-less writers like of reference works or purely linguistics, there is no one I know of (may be not much I know, nevertheless) who support the idea Gal4:10 refers to Biblical 'days, months, seasons, years.) If you have who do, check out its date of authorship.

Bob on this Board admitted to me he experienced difficulty with his church for holding the views he on Gal4:10 held. That's a fact; a fact to admire the man for, although I hated his manner of debating as much as any on BB.

So Eric B, you cannot say you are not as mindblasted doctrinally, seeing you will not persuaded from your erroneous understanding on Gal4:10.

But I want to give you credit, Eric B, that you mentioned a specific, and don't talk in general saying nothing like most others do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.