1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone seen any really good movies recently

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by ckm49er, Dec 10, 2004.

1. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

So I love to watch movies and I am always looking for another movie to see. Some of my favorite movies are, Donnie Darko, The Passion, A Walk to Remember, Love Actually, and Godsend.

I saw the movie Birth yesterday. I dont really recomend this movie unless you like movies that are slow and leave the ending open. I dont know the general age of the people who read this so I should also say that this movie was rated "R". here is info about the movie http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808589434

2. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

Ok just so I also saw the movie Shall We Dance this is rated PG-13 and is a GREAT movie. Even if you dont like dance movies i recomend this one, while it is about dance its about more than that i will let you see it. Oh and again here is info about the movie http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808472913

3. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Well, I haven't seen Donnie Darko, Birth, or Shall we Dance. But I absolutely loved A Walk to Remember! I can't believe that you liked it though- most guys I know wouldn't so much as be caught dead watching it, let alone liking it!!

4. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

I love movies that have meaning. While i still enjoy watching action movies i really want a movie to have a plot and a good one.

Oh have you seen Napoleon Dynamite??? that was a funny movie... althought its not really about anything.

5. JesusInFirstPlace

I did see that movie, but I absolutely hated it! I just never liked the really senseless movies. Give me a movie with an exciting plot any day!!

6. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

see i dunno what i saw in napoleon dynamite but it was something maybe it was the really bad humor or well thats all it really had was really bad humor.

7. JesusInFirstPlace

Me and my friends had heard that it was the funniest movie of all time, but we walked out of it saying, Why on earth did we go see that? What a pointless waste of money!

8. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

thats what i thought the first time but a friend told me to watch it again and then you kinda participate in it like when goes "Heck Yes" and "Tina come get some dinner" and that dance he does at the end.. on man that was so funny.

9. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

Just rented Luther, and went to the theater to see National Treasure. Bith were excellent movies. Next movie to go see... Fat Albert [​IMG]

10. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

Oh Yeah. Watched Showtime on tv last night. That was really funny.

11. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

Yea I cant wait for Fat Albert "HEY HEY HEY".

National Treasure was really good.

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I want to see Fat Albert.

13. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

favourites? let me see, pirates of the caribbean, LOTR trilogy, great escape(o yes), its a mad mad world. the last is the funniest ever

14. Ezekiel

Ezekiel New Member

mad mad mad world is the probably the funniest movie ever as JAB said. The LOTR was great too.

15. JesusInFirstPlace

I especially liked LOTR because literarily speaking it was written from a Christian point-of-view, with a Christian theme behind it.

16. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

mmmmmm, i think Tolkien was a definite Catholic....

17. JesusInFirstPlace

Even though I'm not Catholic, I just like the fact that he incorporated the Christian themes into his writing...

18. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

ya true, so much better than wat a lot of authors and directors put in their stories

19. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I have watched Luther and that was really good. I call Luther "my boy" as of now.
    Also Phantom of the Opera was rocking!

20. JesusInFirstPlace

Phantom of the Opera was rocking!! I saw the movie that just came out, and I was so caught up in it! I hope to someday get to see it on stage.