1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone still read the paper?

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by billwald, Jun 12, 2010.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Seems like the biggest part of our local (Everett, WA) classified section is still repo'd houses. Is it so in your town?

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. The housing market is still pretty strong around here. Lots of big, really expensive homes for sale, though, and much fewer lower priced homes except for rental properties in bad neighborhoods.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Good for W. Virginia!

Slumlording is a sure fire way of making money but I don't have the personality for it.

I think the city is intentionally trashing my neighborhood. They up graded the esthetic standards for new construction so that no one will build in this neighborhood and economy. I think the way it works is the property prices sink and the old people die off. The people who own the city government buy up square blocks and the the area is rezoned for high rise buildings.