1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ANZAC Day

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Melanie, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is the 90th anniversary of the ANZACs landing at Gallipoli tomorrow Monday 25th.

Any of the Oz contingent going to the Dawn service? That dang bugle call always gets me weeping.....

Why oh why do Australians ALWAYS get a part in every single conflict, this is not a case of you gotta be in it to win it?

The Iraqi Aussie brigade is getting to have Japanese participate....wow! [​IMG]

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Has to many sad memories for me to go into the dawn service, so I dont usually go. I used to go with my Grandpa who was blind and deaf due to war injuries suffered on the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea in WW2, yet after he died, I found it hard to watch it.

3. Bookworm

Bookworm Member

I had never even heard of Anzac Day until earlier this year when an Australian guy on another forum posted a message like this one. I had to ask him what Anzac Day was. I wonder how many other countries have holidays that I have never heard of.

4. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

All of them.