1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AOL "favorites"

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by 2Timothy4:1-5, Mar 12, 2003.

1. 2Timothy4:1-5

2Timothy4:1-5 New Member

Is there any way I can transfer my favorites from Internet Explorer to my AOL favorites folder?

I could visit each site individually (from IE), send the link in an e-mail to my aol screen name, then visit it again and save it as a favorite there, but with about 150 sites saved, that would be a huge pain in the neck.

Thanks in advance,

Kenneth

2. 2Timothy4:1-5

2Timothy4:1-5 New Member

I guess there isn't. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Kenneth

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should be able to open Internet Explorer while connected to AOL, and thus don't need to transfer your favorites--unless you just prefer to use the AOL browser.

Don't know much about the AOL browser, so you'll have to answer a question for me: When you open your AOL browser and click on FILE at the top, do you see an option for "Import/Export"?

4. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked for a way but the AOL software will not open the favorites folder in the Windows subdirectory. It only opts for opening as a text file. Nor could I find the AOL favorites list in the Windows explorer tree. AOL software is a bear to manipulate as outside of its own program, it is not recognized.

I was hoping someone would have a bypass solution for Kenneth before I claimed it couldn't be done.

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but this could be a viable option in Explorer if one can locate where the favorites are stored in AOL.

6. Mark Reid

Mark Reid New Member

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm starting to think the best help for AOL users would be to get rid of aol! :mad:
    Gina

8. wizofoz

wizofoz New Member

Why would anyone want to add to AOL? I'm still trying to get rid of it! Even the icon on my desktop says "AOL Stinks".