1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apartheid, not peace

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Linda64, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Apartheid, not peace

by Caroline Glick

The Jerusalem Post

Nov. 30, 2007

This week the Bush Administration legitimized Arab anti-Semitism. In an effort to please the Saudis and their Arab brothers, the Bush administration agreed to physically separate the Jews from the Arabs at the Annapolis conference in a manner that aligns with the apartheid policies of the Arab world which prohibit Israelis from setting foot on Arab soil.

Evident everywhere, the discrimination against Israel received its starkest expression at the main assembly of the Annapolis conference on Tuesday. There, in accordance with Saudi demands, the Americans prohibited Israeli representatives from entering the hall through the same door as the Arabs.

At the meeting of foreign ministers on Wednesday, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni called her Arab counterparts to task for their discriminatory treatment. "Why doesn't anyone want to shake my hand? Why doesn't anyone want to be seen speaking to me?" she asked pointedly.

Israel's humiliated foreign minister did not receive support from her American counterpart. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who spent her childhood years in the segregated American South, sided with the Arabs. Although polite enough to note that she doesn't support the slaughter of Israelis, she made no bones about the fact that her true sympathies lie with the racist Arabs.

More

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can what Ms. Glick describes be verified from an independent news source? I am not saying that she is not telling the truth but I am not familiar with her and whether or not she has a bias in her article.

3. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

You can check out Ms. Glick on the Jerusalem Post website page where that article is located. She also has an email addy on that page.

LINK

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Shameful.

He loves his oil too much. :(

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

GWB knows we cannot afford to lose the Saudi controlled oil, and the Saudi's know that too. This stinks. This is what we get by bowing to the environmentalists at home, forbidding development of known resources.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Great post. When you make deals with the devil, you get bit. We have it within our power to become energy independent, if we just would. Our country should aspire to higher standards than compromising with thugs.

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't think so, we are to split to agree on anything. With nuclear power plants, would help, more refinery would help, more drilling for oil would help, better use of natural gas would help and good alternative energy would help, but it is a total package. Most of us want someone else to do it.

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think you're pretty much right, but the nuclear option seems to me the only one with real hope longterm, it must begin NOW, but it won't. Opening up oilfield development immediately could help prevent disaster, but I'm skeptical about that also.

9. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

We need to ignore most of what the environmentalists say and do what we need to do. We also need to ignore most of what big oil says. America needs to go nuclear like France did along time ago.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

We as Americans would have for once in a long time, is do something united for the good of the country. That would mean fighting both sides, from the environmentalists to the greedy energy companies.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we would keep the government out of the energy issue(which means ending the restrictions the environmentalists want and ending the subsidies for all forms of energy that business and farmers want) we could let the free market decide what is the cheapest, most plentiful way to power our vehicles - the same way that we decided upon the internal combustion engine in the first place.