1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apocalypse Then, Afghanistan Now & Obama at the Precipice

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

This went to page two and no one said anything?
    O.K.
    I'll play. (See above, then come back here).
    I was never in the military.
    I was never shot at by people in a foreign land.
    I was a cop.
    I only got shot at by our own citizens. (Well, maybe a few illegals, but I never checked where the bullets came from.
    Tell you what Alatide/Justchristian/whoever you want to be.
    Let's go over there together.
    I'll fight for the red, white, and blue.
    You can fight for....well.....whomever.
    You make me sick.
    Cod-brain.

2. targus

targus New Member

Why such disrespect for cod?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. Think of me what you will, carpro.

Have a great day in the Lord, carpro. :godisgood:

4. alatide

alatide New Member

Afghanistan was Russia's Viet Nam. The military is speaking in terms of us being there for another decade or more. It's the same kind of gorilla warfare than won us our independence but caused us to lose the Viet Nam war. You're right in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a danger of an escalation by a major power but we could still get bogged down there for a long time and it could easily sap our resources which are limited at the moment and lose support from our people.

We can't define a legitimate reason for being there. In my view, Pakistan was the real enemy. So why should we stay? Because we've already been there for 8 years? I've heard that one before. It wasn't true for Viet Nam and it isn't true for Afghanistan.

Protecting the American people from terrorism is best left to covert activities by the CIA not invasions of countries. Of course. we also need to provide more protection at home. Just exactly has the Homeland Security Dept. done to make us safer? At least Obama administration did catch what might have been a major plot underday by arresting that guy in Colorado. Let's see if he unlike Bush will bring him to trial rather than release him or hold him forever in secret.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I give alatide 6 months, and he'll disown this statement as well. He keeps coming up with countries we "should have invaded"--then when we do, he claims we shouldn't have done it.

More intellectual dishonesty...we know that plots were disrupted under the Bush administration as well...yet you pretend that Obama is the only one doing anything about Islamoterrorists. Baloney.

6. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

You are right.
    I'm sorry.
    To all who use the C.O.D. feature of our worthy U.S. Mail.
    I apologize.
    I realize we all can't stop our busy day just to go and buy stamps.:laugh: