1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apostate Christianity!!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mima, Mar 9, 2006.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Moeo

Look at the question again. It says nothing about the persons goodness geting them into Heaven. It says can a good person go to Heaven. It is poorly written but the answer is obviously yes.

The part about "a good person" is irrelivent to the question.

If you beleve that a Methoudest who has been saved by faith in Jesus, who also happens to be a good person, can go to Heaven, you have to answer the question Yes.

It also does not say, outside of Christianity. It says "isn't of your religious faith". That has to include every denomination that is not one you belong to, Metodest, Prespetirian, Catholic, Muslem, etc.

But if you actualy look at the question, it is not as fun as jumping on the drama band wagon and making a post claming 2/3 of all Christians are apostates.

2. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you. I read the question to my husband and he saw it the same way I did.

You seem to think religious faith means denominations...I don't. And totally disgarding the "good person" part is not it IS relevant and should not be disgarded. To answer it NO a good person cannot get into heaven ONLY faith in Jesus.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Moeo

Look at the question again. It says nothing about the persons goodness geting them into Heaven. It says can a good person go to Heaven. It is poorly written but the answer is obviously yes.

The part about "a good person" is irrelivent to the question.

If you beleve that a Methoudest who has been saved by faith in Jesus, who also happens to be a good person, can go to Heaven, you have to answer the question Yes.

It also does not say, outside of Christianity. It says "isn't of your religious faith". That has to include every denomination that is not one you belong to, Metodest, Prespetirian, Catholic, Muslem, etc.

But if you actualy look at the question, it is not as fun as jumping on the drama band wagon and making a post claming 2/3 of all Christians are apostates.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

You have to read the question for what it says. Not what you think it implies or what you want it to say.

Let me rephrase the question.

Here is the same question in different words.

Will there be good people who are not Baptists in Heaven?

I put in good people in again even though it is meaningless to the question. There will be good people in heaven, but only if they are saved by the blood of Christ.

Look at the question word for word and tell me what part is false.

Will there be no good people in Heaven?

Will there be no people not of your faith in Heaven?

If you do not add implied meaning to the question the answer to it is yes.

4. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

I am reading it for what it says! I think you aren't.

Again we'll just have to agree to disagree.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Even if we are talking about outside of Christianity the answer is yes. Can a Jewish person attain salvation. Yes by repenting of their unbelef and accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord.

The question does not say can they get to Heaven by being a good person. If it did, different story. If you do not imply meaning you just see a poorly written question. And again it is true that a good person can go to Heaven, that is just not how they will get there.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

So you agree with the reverse of the question?

Nobody outside of your faith can be saved?

7. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

Outside of Jesus (AKA the Christian faith) no one will be save (unless they come to Christ.)

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I totally agree, and I think most people when reading this would read it this way. Not of my "faith" would be non-Christian.

Being Baptist is not my faith -- being Christian is. People talk about the many religious faiths and usually mean different religions such as Islam, Hinduism, Islam, etc., not denominations within one faith.

I brought this poll up a few months ago and people then just did not believe so many Christians would believe non-Christians can go to heaven, but I have no trouble believing this as I hear from them and talk to them not infrequently. Inclusivists would answer this question "yes" as well as they believe those in non-Christian faiths can be saved by Christ without knowing of or about the historical Jesus Christ.

9. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

The stated conclusion in the initial post is inaccurate.

The conclusion that "a shocking number of people who call themselves evangelical and born-again have come to reject" Jesus' words in John 14:6 by a Yes answer to the question: "Can a good person who isn't of your religious faith go to heaven or attain salvation, or not?" is at the very least inaccurate.

Answers are filtered through a number of personal interpretations of the question's wording. Definitions of: who calls themselves evangelical; what is faith; what happens before going to heaven -- all, and more, impact the answers and are not considered by the pollster.

Multiple scenarios can be played out within those filters which allow for Yes answers -- and respondants still retain belief that "…no man cometh under the Father buy by Me." Just as valid as Matthew 9:26

By the way -- my answer to the pollster would have been Yes -- any person (not just good) can go to heaven or attain salvation. I happen to believe the Bible provides the methodology.

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

What must I do to be saved?

Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

After that point, if I fall away from being faithful, I am apostate, but I am still in God's family.

You see that all over the church. They have taken out the "Thus saith the Lord" of so many things. Doesn't mean they are not saved; simply means they are lawless. They are apostate.

Only a true believer can be apostate. How can you fall away from something that you never had?

11. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

So you answer yes. Even if we are talking outside of Christianity. Because you gave the posability. Can a person out side of your faith go to Heaven.

Notice the question says "can" as in, is it possable, not will.

Yes if
    BTW. The word faiths are commonly used for denominations. Of the Baptist faith, for example.

Last question, Think of all the Christians you know. Now do you beleve that 2/3 of all Christians beleve you do not need Jesus to go to Heaven?

I think it is more likely that almost all of those 2/3 understood the question like I did. Very few people claim to be Christian and beleve you do not need Christ for salvation.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

DeeJay, you seem unaware that many people posting here in the Baptist threads of the BB believe that people can go to heaven without knowing Christ. They claim that these people are saved by Jesus but can go to heaven without knowing about him or trusting in him. This view is a lot more common in the evangelical church than you may think.

At the very least, people are ambigous on it -- "I know the Bible says Jesus is the only way, but we can't limit God in how he saves people." This is a popular view. People don't want to be seen as being "mean" by saying that those who are not in Christ are eternally separated.

13. Blackhawkk

Blackhawkk New Member

The question is obviously implying "can a GOOD person go to heaven outside your faith (Christian)". It isn't talking about denominations. Anybody who heard that question would automatically think their Christian faith, not any denomination.

Unfortunately it's so true that many Christians think others outside the Christian faith think those that are good, even if they're practising Jews or Muslims, can go to heaven. There are people at my work who say they're Christians yet say it's okay to have an abortion, homosexuality is fine, all good people go to heaven, etc.

I just ask, "Why ca11 yourself a Christian? Why not just say you're a Buddahist?" So many think the road is wide and if you're good you get to good to heaven. Who are we to judge?

Believe me, there are many churches that are apostate, many leaders apostate, and probably many posters here that are apostate.

Just read the question for what it says and the obvious answer is "No".

14. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I cant beleve 2/3 of all Christians beleve they dont need Jesus. I know of only a few people who call themself Christian and buy into the we all will be saved theory and they are LDS. That is 2 out of every three people in your church. If you attend a church with 900 people 600 of them beleve that they dont need Jesus. What are all the pastors teaching in your churches. This does not describe my church.

15. Blackhawkk

Blackhawkk New Member

Deejay,

This doesn't describe my church either and I bet a lot of Christians on this board would say the same thing. The problem here in America is a lot of people will say they are Christian (because they were raised in a particular religion or their parents told them they were, etc,) but don't really subscribed to the fundamentals of Christianity. Then there are the liberal denominations who basically say all God's good children will go to heaven even though they call themselves Christian. They don't want to tell Jews or Muslims or whatever they're going to hell because they themselves don't believe that or probably don't even believe there's a hell.

So if somebody asks me if good people will go to heaven outside my faith, I'm going to be thinking outside of Christianity, then my answer is going to be "no".

Take this question to your local liberal protestant denomination and you'll be surprised the answer you will get.

16. Brother James

Brother James New Member

No man can get to Heaven but thru the Lord Jesus Christ. If you're not born from above you're headed for the flames of hell.

17. mima

mima New Member

Matthew 7:14 says," because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." -----Then in John 10:9 Jesus says," I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved."---- is obvious to the reasonable mind that gate and door are here referring to the same way. That way of course can only be the Lord Jesus Christ, and it is of course a very narrow way for only by one person, may a person in enter into heaven!