1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apple clone

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Apr 29, 2008.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This morning I read that someone has an Apple clone on the market for 399 without the os and 100+ more for the latest system :thumbs:

Did Apple change their policy or is someone looking to take on Apple in court?

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

3. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

Wish I had gotten this info two weeks ago I'd be ordering one, however will have to wait for my new laptop to go really out of date now :laugh:

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also read a sheet last night that was expecting a legal battle coming soon. Interesting reading anyway we are getting :laugh:

6. bigj6360

bigj6360 New Member

I wouldn't go for this... I read that Psystar is a garage based company from one of the mac magazines sites (I can't remember which one)... somewhere in Miami.

You probably wouldn't get good support, if any, and there is no guarantee that it would continue to work with any updates Apple releases in the future. I also have a feeling that if you had to call Apple for any problems that they wouldn't help either since the EULA states that OSX is licensed for use on an Apple Mac.

just my 2 cents.

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I would not buy one either. Why give up my nice, tiny little Mac Mini for a big box PC?
    Also, forget about ever taking it to the Apple store.
    People who want Apple clones just don't get Apple.
    THey make the whole package.
    They are as much a hardware company as software.

That all said, if I had cash to blow it would be fun to have one of these to play with.
    And if they can find a market for it then more power to them but I will not be buying.