1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apple thinks different

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by James_Newman, Jun 6, 2005.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who duv thunk it? Interesting ...
    PJ [​IMG]

3. superdave

superdave New Member

Its not that surprising. Apple's resurgence has been as a design company, they have not developed any new hardware technology. Its all off the shelf silicon. It makes tons of sense for them to join the community of standards based chip tech rather than continue to hold hands with IBM and a proprietary solution. They will still probably lock the bios/firmware somehow so you can't run windoze on it. (not that thats a bad thing)

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I doubt people will be buying Mac hardware to run Windows, although people can already do that with VirtualPC. I would like to know if they intend to allow users to purchase the OS to run on their own hardware, or if it will be restricted to running on their own hardware. I can imagine there would be a lot of support issues if they started letting everyone install Mac OS on their old HP's and Compaqs. One of the Mac's strengths has always been that (comparatively speaking anyway) it just works. If there is a non-standard hardware base, it probably just won't work as well, much like we see in the PC world today. But if hardware vendors were committed to writing drivers, then it could be done, I suppose.

5. Pete

Pete New Member

Wow....if they keep it up they might even make double-figures in market share.... :rolleyes: :D

*DUCKS* :D