1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Applying Christ blood to recent sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Jaaaman

Jaaaman New Member

Reading this thread makes me think of the song "Power in His Blood" by FFH...

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Another thing to add to this discussion. There are two kinds of being judged. One is a criminal case where one is judged guilty or not. If we are in Christ, we are not guilty.

The other is in a sporting event where one is judged on how they race. One can be DQ'd from a race, meaning they "suffer loss"...the chance to win or place. Notice Paul never stated "I won the race"...but "I finished the race".

#22 webdog, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yeah, but how many racers go to hell for 1,000 years if they place? ;)

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

That is absurd.
    2 Timothy 2:15
    15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I was joking around, but the gist of what I'm saying isn't too far off from what Jump is saying. No, I wasn't saying that's what you meant - it was a launching point for the joke.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Better yet, how many racers who false start are sentenced to life in prison!

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

These really aren't joking matters, but I appreciate the effort. Why is it that Christians have trouble taking seriously a statement from the Lord that we need to have our sins forgiven? Not only do we need such forgiveness, but that if we don't forgive others, He won't forgive us? What would it mean to have unforgiven sin before the Lord at the judgment seat of Christ?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you are referring to 1John 1:9, it plainly if we confess our sinse He will forgive them. It doesn't say we need to HAVE our sins forgiven.

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Once again you prove your lack of communication skills. Do you know what it means to ask a question? You know this "?" means question not statement. I didn't represent what you stated at all I asked you a question. Good grief Charlie Brown.

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Then why do I have to confess sins if I have no "need" of forgiveness? And why does God say He will forgive if I do confess. Once again the "logic" you all are using is backwards at best.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

That would be a silly thing to say if your sins didn't need to be forgiven. But what of this?

Mark 11:25-26
    25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
    26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

The question isn't whether or not it is important to confess your sins or have them forgiven. The question is, "What are the consequences of not confessing a sin and not having it forgiven?"

You have provided the most direct answer. You say we'll go to hell for 1,000 years. That is absurd to me, but I appreciate your direct answer.

Jump says he doesn't know how it all "balances out", which is basically that God will weigh the good and bad and come up with a verdict. That's an indirect, namby-pamby response by a person who can't figure out how else to respond to the idea that you might endure 1,000 years of hell for one unconfessed sin after a life of relative obedience. The fact is that the doctrine is absurd, which is why you get such absurd responses like this.

13. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

ADMIN needs to get that "Israeli Life - Israeli Lie" off of this board. It's a vomit-time website.

14. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well I thought you were going to be above this, but I guess even you can't resist.

"which is basically that God will weigh the good and bad and come up with a verdict."

Those are YOUR words NOT MINE. Please don't assess something to me that I haven't said.

Just because you don't like my answer does not give you a right to slander me.

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Not nearly as absurd as saying that Christ warns of not having sins forgiven but that there is no reason to care.

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

No slander intended. That's sure how it sounded to me. If you want to clarify it, please do!

17. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well, I hope you know that's not what I'm saying. There's a huge gap between "not having to care" and "going to hell for 1,000 years".

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I did. Post #135 on the "other" thread, which is where you originally asked me the question.

19. npetreley

npetreley New Member

That's not clarification, unless you mean "I don't know what standard God uses" is supposed to be clarification. You STRONGLY implied that God judges both our obedience and sin and comes to a conclusion based on how they balance out. That's pretty much what I said.

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Christ judges our works whether good or bad. We are rewarded whether we have done good or whether we have done bad. Those are Biblical facts. As to how Christ determines who gets to rule and reign with Him I don't know the full measure of how that is determined. I don't know if that is a balance if the good outweighs the bad you good or vice versa your bad. I just simply don't know. To my knowledge Scripture doesn't tell us.

So you are asking for something that Scripture is silent on and then you slam me because Scripture itself doesn't answer your question.