1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Applying Christ blood to recent sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You are wrong. All dogs are humans! At least mine think they are.

Wait, does that mean all humans are dogs?

That reminds of a prayer I read somewhere. "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am".

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

John 15:5-6
    5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
    6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you abide in Christ, you bring forth much fruit. If you don't abide in Christ you are burned. I don't see a third option here. What evidence do you think I am missing?

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

BTW, is this the opposite of working forward from the conclusion?

4. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

This morning, I study Bible on Christ's blood, and comparing of faith & work.

Explaining Christ's blood and the atonement of Calvary with scriptures are not easy.

Calvary is the most fundamental doctrine among religions of church history. Common for religions say, 'Christ died for our sins'. The basic thing that many religions agree that Christ's blood forgive our sins.

But, there are several different views on Christ's atonement.

For me, I believe Christ died for our sins, and he saved us from sins through his blood.

I consider, Hebrews 10:10 probably is the most misunderstanding among Christians and religions. Heb. 10:10 says, "By the which will we are sancitifed through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for ALL."

Many Christians believe Christ's blood already forgived all our sins at once. They intepreting Christ's word- "It is finished" means, our sins all are already paid at once for all past, present, and future sins 2000 years ago.

The context of Hebrews chapter 10 talking about sacrifice, compare between O.T. priests and Christ of offering. During Old Testament time, priests made offering to forgive people's sins often and often, but they do not taken away sins (Heb. 10:11). Only Jesus Christ can take our sins away through his sacrifice only. He sacrificed his body for all people at once. -Heb. 10:10.

Calvinists say Christ died for only elect.

But, in 1 John 2:2 says, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and NOT for ours only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD." Clear, this tells us, Christ died, not just for Christians only, also, He died for WHOLE sinners of the world from the beginning to the end.

Christ ransomed our sins by through his blood. Without his blood, there is no remission(forgiven) of our sins, we are doomed to hell.

Many Christians like baptists who hold security salvation or unconditional election doctrine, believe, Christ already paid all our sins of past, presenr, and future of our sins, the moment after we trusted and believed Christ, are already automatically saved at once. No matter how often we will committed future sins, we are already forgivened through Christ's bllod that's period. That what securists believe.

I do not deny Christ's blood forgived our sins. I believe what the Bible saying. I have faith in Christ's atonement & Calvary.

Yes, it is true that Christ already paid all our past, present, & future sins at once, but base upon our confession. There is no limited of Christ's atonement for us, base upon our daily confession.

1 John 1:7-9 say: "BUTIF we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanesth us from all sin. IF we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

True that, Christ's blood washed all our sins away, but only base upon our condition meet, is, to repent of our sins, confess our sins to Christ, walk in the light, LONG AS Christ continue faithfully cleanse our sins away through his blood.

No limited how often we confess to Christ. he is faithful to forgive our sins.

I do not believe that, when a Christian sinned at once, will lose salvation immediately. Unless, if a Christian continue sinning in process without confess to Christ for long time, then Christian might lose salvation later at the end.

In James 1:14-16 warn us, "But every man is tempted, when he DRAWN AWAY of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, BRINGETH FORTH DEATH[/color. DO NOT ERR, my beloved brethren."

When a person is tempted, being accepting temptation of sins, then having strong desire of lust and flesh, it will drawn person away(backslidding) trap with sins, will lead person to death without repent. 'Death' of James 1:15 is not speak of temporariy, or 1000 years death, it speaks of destruction(Matt. 7:13)- everlasting punishment in hell. That why, James warned to Christians, do not be error or be deceived.

In 1 John 2:1 says, "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Baptists interpret this verse proved us, that Chist is our advocate as attorney, because he is our defense of our salvation, protect us from lose it, Christ shall delcare to God for us as defense, prove that we cannot lose salvation.

I thank God that Christ is our advocate, because he is the propitation for our sins through Calvary, but not just for Christians(elect) only, also, WHOLE SINNERS OF THE WORLD.

Understand, 1 John 2:1 says, "And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" This tells us, we all are fell short glory of God because we received or born with sins come from Adam, when Adam sinned and he died, SO, the death passed unto all people, and we all will die period, because of sin. We do not learning how to do wrong thing, we ALREADY received sins when we were baby in mothers' womb, because Adam sinned SO, sin passed unto ALL people . and we all will die(physical) period. - Romans 5:12.

We already are doomed to hell because of sins. But, thanked God for Jesus willing came down to earth to died for our sins. That why he is our advocate. He ransomed sins for all people. Without Christ, for sure, we are already doomed to everlasting fire.

Christ's atonement is no limited for us, base upon our condition meet on our confession, repent faithfully - 1 John 1:7-9.

Christians believe we are already offically or gruanteed already saved at once at the moment after we trusted and believed in Christ, our sins are all forgived of our past, present and FUTURE(even, we NOT yet make confession of future commit sins). Christ forgived Christians PAST sins only by base on saints' repentance, confession.

In Romans 3:24-25 say: "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation THROUGH FAITH in his blood, to delcare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are PAST, through the forbeance of God." It tells us, we are jusitified by through our faith in Christ, that our sins are forgiveness of the PAST. It doesn't saying that our future not yet commit sins are already forgived.

1 John 1:7-9 telling us, that we must meet our condition with Christ's atonement, base upon our walk, repentance, and daily confession fo sins. 1 John 1:9 promises us if we confess our sins to Christ, then Jesus is faithful to forgive all our sins LONG AS we continue confess our sins faithfully daily, no limited.

OR, what if we stopped confess sins to Christ, and we are remaining in sins throughout our life till death, then Christ would NOT forgive our future sins!

Bible teaching us very clear that we must meet our conditions with 'IF's'. We can have eternal life, IF we continue faith in Christ daily, walk in the ligth, confess sins everyday, or if we stopped do them, then, we shall not be saved and have eternal life at the end (Matt. 10:22; Matt 24:13).

Christ's blood cleaning people's sins, these are for WHO did repented and confessed of commited sins. Christ cannot forgive people's sins, who did NOT repent or not confess future sins.

Understand clear?

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I agree with most of what you said, but want to add one thing: If you confess of future sins, that's called "lawlessness". "I know it's wrong and I'm going to do it anyway!"

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I agree with Jjump. But the reason is that there are other factors involved. There is an X-factor called mercy. How much mercy did we give others in life? God promises to judge us more mercifully if we are a merciful person.

Another thing that our degree of accountability varys with our gifts, our position, and our maturity.

God might judge an unconfessed lust in a mightily gifted pastor of 25 years, more harshly than an actual act of fornication in a baby Christian who has little or no giftedness, maturity, or public accountability due to position.

Other than that Scripture is very black and white. Some unconfessed sins will cause you to miss the kingdom. Some will cause you to lose reward.

lacy

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Luke 12:48: But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.