1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arbitrator reduces A-Rod's suspension to 162 games

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 11, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

The only one who has talked about the deposition is Tacopina. The "one source familiar" would be him. (Sorry, just realized I've been dislexic for two weeks about this dude's name!)

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yes, this is true. I have ignored it and I will continue to ignore it until you provide proof to backup your statement. I provide link after link after link to backup my statements and all you provide is your opinion. Thanks for your opinion, but I'll stick to the facts.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Still waiting for your proof of this.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

#1, you can't prove that.

#2, it was known a full 4 months before A-Rod hired Tacopina that MLB bought Biogenesis documents.

This one is from April 11th, 2013. A-Rod hired Tacopina in August 2013.

Are we done here now?

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

Sure, but not because "you won." The source is still an A-Rod attorney. Honestly, I had missed this previous disclosure, which is negligent on me for not being as up on the story as I should be before starting a thread on it. Nonetheless, it doesn't come from an identifiable source, MLB execs certainly aren't talking, so it has to come from the other side. Therefore the information has to be suspect.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Always opinion from you. Never facts.

Prove it. You stating that it's an A-Rod attorney doesn't make it so.

MLB execs have talked. Have you read a single article I linked to? Besides, which lawyers are you referring to since A-Rod didn't hire Tacopina until August 2013? And, from a question I asked several posts ago that you ignored, if MLB hadn't bought them, why not just issue a denial of such? MLB has not once said they didn't buy the documents.

Oh, I see. Now it falls into place. You've been trolling this entire time.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

It's a fact none of your articles quote MLB execs directly, they only use third-party unnamed sources. Just like in politics when that happens, it is one side or the other providing the info with the caveat it is without atribution. Google, for example, "MLB executives confirm baseball bought BioGenesis evidence" and you will get nothing regarding an on-the-record MLB exec interview, but you will get a lot of these same third-party, non-attributed stories like you've been posting. Sorry, CCR, but it is not possible to prove something that doesn't exist. You haven't provided anything but the aforementioned kind of article, and you won't be able to find one, because the only source for this is Rodriquez's attorneys.
    I have. I just did again.
    Then I'm sure you can find one of them being quoted by name, post it here, and make me look foolish. Go for it.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

It's a fact none of your articles quote MLB execs directly, they only use third-party unnamed sources. Just like in politics when that happens, it is one side or the other providing the info with the caveat it is without atribution. Google, for example, "MLB executives confirm baseball bought BioGenesis evidence" and you will get nothing regarding an on-the-record MLB exec interview, but you will get a lot of these same third-party, non-attributed stories like you've been posting. Sorry, CCR, but it is not possible to prove something that doesn't exist. You haven't provided anything but the aforementioned kind of article, and you won't be able to find one, because the only source for this is Rodriquez's attorneys.
    I have. I just did again.
    Then I'm sure you can find one of them being quoted, post it here, and make me look foolish. Go for it.
    Yes, which is why I can stated the above regarding third-party unattributed sources without fear of contradiction. The question then becomes, have you read them?
    They have neither confirmed nor denied.
    All of their comments regarding making any kind of payment to BioGenesis read like that. The stories are being written by sports reporters. They don't know diddly squat, for the most part, about getting two points of confirmation and at least one of those for attribution. That's the rule of thumb on the front page, but seems to get ignored a lot on the sports page. As a result, there are a plethora of stories about "MLB paid for evidence." You won't find a single MLB exec saying that for attribution, you won't find even an unattributed statement from anyone in the MLB front offices confirming that. It is all coming from A-Rod's attorneys. That's the last time I'm going to say it. You don't like that, no skin off my nose.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Already did that. More than once.

You keep trying to tell me that the source of this is Tacopina.

The only problem with your ridiculous story is that Tacopina wasn't hired until August 2013.

This story about MLB buying Biogenesis documents was written in April 2013? So,
    please, tell me again how Tacopina was making this up in April 2013?

Really?

From the Times article:

2 people here. Gave you what you said didn't exist. Can't wait to see how you deny the plain truth again.

Or, you could just swallow that pride and admit that you're wrong.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Any of them named? No. You do understand the meaning of "quoted for attribution," right? If not, here's a hint: The quotes will have names associated with them!!
    No you didn't. You gave me another story quoting an unnamed source, or in this case, two. When you find an MLB executive quoted by name who says the office bought evidence, let me know. This isn't even close. More of the same junk journalism. This would never pass muster for the front page except as an opinion piece, or as some liberal media editors like to call them, "deep background" pieces. Shorthand for "we ain't got nuthin' but we want to do the story anyway." Keep looking.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It wouldn't? Woodward and Bernstein used an unnamed source to uncover the Watergate Scandal. Was that an opinion piece? Unnamed sources get used all the time in journalism and there's not one thing wrong with it.

You used an unnamed source in the Richard Sherman thread when you linked to an article that quotes an unnamed source saying that Sherman started the confrontation with Crabtree in the offseason. Why are you allowed to use an unnamed source and I'm not?

I've already done this multiple times and it was verified by 2 sources, just like you wanted. Somehow, this still isn't good enough for you.