1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Archeological Study Bible

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by DesiderioDomini, Mar 21, 2006.

1. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I recently acquired this bible, and I think it is one of the best study bibles created to this day. The CDROM which comes with it is so useful for creating sermon powerpoints or printouts for small groups.

What do others here think?

2. Brice

Brice New Member

I was wondering when we would discuss this Bible. I love it, I just wish it came in various translations.

3. DesiderioDomini

I am hoping that it does well. If so, I am confident it will expand to at least the NASB. I would enjoy having the choice.

Since I work mostly with youth, I dont mind using NIV. It seems to be working well, and this bible is a vital aid in curing what I feel to be the biggest ill of american christians: They have no idea the history of what they claim they believe, mainly the bible.

4. Brice

Brice New Member

Couldn't agree more; for my study I like the NASB, but for now I'll be happy with the NIV. It's a great asset to my collection. God bless.

5. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

I received a "sampler" and a coupon for this Bible from a local Christian bookstore. The sampler is Gen. 1:1-18:5. It looks great and has lots of information that I generally look up in a Bible dictionary or encyclopedia...all in one place. I'm sure I'll have to get a copy soon!

6. DesiderioDomini

Yea, its great to get all this stuff in one place. Sure makes creating lessons or sermons easier.