1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are all the Christmas cookies gone?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Spinach, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I made a bunch of Christmas cookies last week and most of them are gone. I ate some, but not a ton. Then our oldest daughter made some a couple days before Christmas. Most of them are gone. I only ate one. We still have some sticky buns, but they weren't that great. We also still have some fudge, but that's because you can only eat just so much fudge. LOL! This was my second attempt at fudge----first batch to actually work. Absolutely yummy! We also have some Christmas candy that friends sent from America. We haven't opened any of that yet.

Though I ate fairly healthily and worked out during the holidays, I am really glad to see an end to all the sweet treats. It's so hard for me to Just Say No.

What about you?

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, there are still plenty left, all from a common church ritual... a cookie swap.

My wife bakes 4 dozen of my favorite cookies and tells me I can't even eat one....

....and returns later that afternoon with 3 dozen misshapen cookies, all slightly powered and oozing various jells ... that even dog wouldn’t eat.

There they'll sit on the dining room mantle until Valentines Day, when the ritual occasionally starts over again.

Rob

3. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I have not ate much at all, one meal on the 24th, I cooked a roast yesterday and a Chinese tonight, just off out. Done quite well I think. Not one for sweet things.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I amde sugar dree cookies a few weeks ago, we ate those, well he ate most of those, I tried some sugar free candies, I made sugar free pies for the christmas eve and christmas day, those I did eat some of. I think I ate too frequently yesterday and day before though, but not bad for you foods.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Most of the sweets I eat (which I make myself) are sugar free due to being diabetic. I do occasionally eat something with sugar in it since I have to make sure my blood sugar doesn't get TOO low. It's frustrating having to eat that way, but after nearly 5 years of it I'm getting used to it. I've had to learn to bake and cook all over again, and I've had to get used to an artificial sweetener; Splender isn't too bad though, and I can bake with it--unlike some sweeteners.

6. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Jon-Marc, have you aged rapidly :) Or maybe just the beard.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I've aged a lot in the last 14 months--the difference between the other photo and this one. :laugh: This one I took a few days ago with my Web cam. I used Picnik photo editing program online to resize and crop it. It's a very easy-to-use program for simple minded people like me who aren't very computer or technology savvy. :godisgood:

Oh, and I've also let my hair grow during that time. It's difficult to see in the photo, but it's down to my shoulders and very curly in the back. Otherwise, it would be even longer. I've also let my beard grow longer, which helps me to look more my age of 63--64 next April 8.

#7 Jon-Marc, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
  8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I know all the fudge is.

9. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I'm making more today if you'd like to come over :smilewinkgrin: