1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ARE ANGELS "SAVED"?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by eloidalmanutha, Apr 4, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

eloidalmanthu,

I do not believe we can say that angels were created "out of" or of the same "kind" of Spirit as God's Spirit. This is putting them on too high of a plane, from what I understand you to be asking. When Jesus said that He would be sending the Comforter He referred to the Holy Spirit as another "of the same kind". (I don't think Im being precisely correct, so anyone can correct me of course.) But, however is most precise, Jesus was saying that He and the Holy Spirit were of the Same....they were both God. We cannot obviously say that about angels, and we must be careful not to become confused.

What makes you think that God could not create the angels as their own kind, with their own spiritual selves? Why must they be "of God's Spirit"? We have spirits, and they are not the same as God's Spirit.

Personally I believe there are many forms of angels, not just one. We have at least 3 different descriptions of angels in the Bible, each very different from each other. So when we say "angel" we think of one distinct group. I believe this is a misconception and that there are at least several different kinds of beings that God uses as angels.

2. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

The Holy Spirit indwells all believers, are you then saying we have a different Spirit than God's?

angels take many different forms - that has nothing to do with "spirit" which is invisible.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

yes, I am saying we have a different spirit than God's. God very clearly talks in the Bible about His Spirit speaking to the spirit of man. They are two different spirits. Only God's Spirit is Holy, ours is the spirit of man. Created by God, but not a part of God.

There's nothing in the Bible that I can think of that says angels are ONLY spirit and thus only invisible. They can appear to us as they will when God deems necessary, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily only spirit.

4. eloidalmanutha

just a few scripts to mull over :D

Psa 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Hbr 12:29 For our God [is] a consuming fire.

==========

2Sa 14:20 To fetch about this form of speech hath thy servant Joab done this thing: and my lord [is] wise, according to the wisdom of an angel of God, to know all [things] that [are] in the earth.

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

===========

Dan 3:28 [Then] Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed [be] the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel , and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God .

conclusion:
    God is a Spirit - He is a Consuming Fire - His angels are spirits of flame, ministering spirits

God is a Spirit - His spirit is Wisdom - an angel of God had wisdom of ALL things on earth.

God is a Spirit - Holy Spirit is Jesus - Jesus is the Son of Man = He is the angel of God sent to save the three in the fiery furnace.

Therefore: angels are spirits that have the Spirit of God.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

eloidal,

your logic is full of too many assumptions for it to lead to a correct conclusion....

ie

1. all kittens are cats

2. all cats have hair

3. conclusion: everything that has hair is a cat........

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Holy angels right?

Because the devil has his angels also.

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Wouldn't saying that they have the same spirit as God's Spirit be the same as saying that they are part of the Godhead?

It sounds to me that your logic is dangerously close to making Jesus a mere angel that was elevated to the level of Godhood.....

Wouldn't that be defined as Mormonism?

8. eloidalmanutha

So, the Holy Spirit does not indwell all true believers?

9. bapmom

bapmom New Member

indwelling is not the same thing as saying that man's spirit is the SAME as God's. The Holy Spirit indwells man, and has quickened our own spirit....but we still have our own spirit as well.

10. eloidalmanutha

I would need to see scripts that we have our own spirit in addition to God's. I read that we are born again of Spirit and Water. The old man aka evil spirit is dead. You either have God's Spirit within or the devil's. God's angels have the Spirit of God in them, they are not God, but it is the same Spirit. God is Omnipresent.

11. bapmom

bapmom New Member

God being omnipresent is beside the point.....why is that relevant in your way of thinking?

Born again, yes, OUR spirit is quickened....that means it comes back to life again. Our spirit WAS dead, but when we are saved it is renewed to life again. I know Im semi-quoting portions of Scripture because I don't have the references, but these are what Ive read in my Bible.

There are also many places where man's spirit is NOT capitalized while God's Spirit IS capitalized...indicating within the same verse that these are two distinct and separate spirits being spoken of.

I think you have a misconception that our spirit is alive and EVIL before we are saved....the Bible does not indicate this. So before salvation we do not have the Devil's spirit. Before salvation our soul is in control....after salvation we are quickened (made alive) in the spirit and now our spirit ought to be in subjection to GOD'S Spirit. To the degree that this is true is the degree that we will live for God after salvation.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1 Thessalonians, chapter 5
    "23": And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Eph 2:1
    ¶ And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
    1. MHCC
    Eph 2:2
    Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
    Eph 2:3
    Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
    Eph 2:4
    ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    Eph 2:5
    Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
    Eph 2:6
    And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
    Eph 2:7
    That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Col 2:13
    ¶ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Pr 20:27
    ¶ The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
    (man has his own spirit, separate from that of God's)

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

eloidalmanutha;

It seems from reading the Scriptures you quoted that you are saying that the First Heaven might of been the garden of eden , which I have heard many say that it was and I would be inclined to accept as long as it included the church until the coming of Christ. I think there must of been a church from the beginning for Abel made his offering to God in faith.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Gen: 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

He certainly didn't create the Heaven where He was.

Christian Geology, Science and Scripture says exactly what you do about the three Heavens.

The reason I believe the Church[/]is Heaven is because God's children dwell in it, therefore the First Heaven was the Church under the Law and the Second Heaven is the Grace Church and of cours the Third Heaven is the eternal one where God is.

[ April 05, 2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Brother Bob ]

16. eloidalmanutha

caps really have nothing to do with God's Spirit. They are put there by translators. There are no caps or punctuation in the mss.

There is only one spirit per person - either that spirit is evil or it is of God. There are no other spirits spoken of in the Bible. the spirit of man is either God-breathed [born again of His Spirit] or evil. We are born in sin, of sin, made of sin. Until we are born again we have no hope, no life and are considered dead in sin [evil].

17. bapmom

bapmom New Member

The capital letters do indeed make a difference. They were put there because they indicate who's spirit is being talked about in the original manuscript. The translators did understand those languages and knew what and who was being referred to. It would be a very good idea for you to pay attention to that.

What has disturbed me is that you seem to be saying that we are sort of "little gods" here, running around with pieces of God's Spirit animating us.

You also said something earlier, indicating that the angel of God = Jesus = the Holy Spirit......what are you meaning by this? "angel of God" does not necessarily mean "Jesus", and the Holy Spirit is most certainly the Third Person of the Trinity and not God the Son.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1 John, chapter 4

"1": Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

"2": Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

"3": And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The phrase "The Angel of God" is referring to Deity...God the Son. "An Angel of God" is an ordinary angel. "The Angel of God" (God..or rather preincarnate Jesus) ate with Abraham, wrestled with Jacob, and told Abraham not to kill Isaac. God is Spirit, Holy Spirit is Spirit, God the Son would be the only One to appear as Man to other men.

20. eloidalmanutha

The phrase "The Angel of God" is referring to Deity...God the Son. "An Angel of God" is an ordinary angel. "The Angel of God" (God..or rather preincarnate Jesus) ate with Abraham, wrestled with Jacob, and told Abraham not to kill Isaac. God is Spirit, Holy Spirit is Spirit, God the Son would be the only One to appear as Man to other men. </font>[/QUOTE]thanx . . . [​IMG]
    I think I will let you handle this one - I give up [​IMG]