1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are Catholics Saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BlackSheepBaptist, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Refresh Your Memory

The above concoction is typical, idiotic, EWF fare. When I threw it back to you --you fled. You had a brewski too many.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is where I responded to your inane drivel.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As far as I know they are. It hurts to say that. But the RCC does not preach salvation by grace through faith. It teaches salvation through baptism and the sacraments. One might as well become a Hindu or even a Muslim. If you are going to miss heaven by a mile then you might as well miss it by a thousand. You will still miss it. All of them preach a message of works. They are all wrong.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if they were one of the elect from before the foundations of the world?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They weren't. The elect trust Christ as their Saviour. :rolleyes:

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do most Catholics I know.:tongue3:

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

[FONT=&quot]Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Which Christ? Which Gospel?
    I never heard the gospel in 20 years in the Catholic church. They don't preach the gospel. How can the believe and trust the Christ of the gospel that they have never heard? It is impossible.
    It is impossible to be saved from a religion that preaches doctrine diametrically opposed to what the Bible teaches.

One might as well believe Islam as to believe the doctrines of the RCC.
    They both lead to hell.
    [/FONT]

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My family did....every day.

[/quote]

Are your mother & father RC?

12. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baptists are not saved so why should Catholics be saved. God never offered salvation to Catholics or Baptists.

13. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Is this one of those "Salvation was offered to all" thoughts, Judith, or are you going a different path?

14. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is about salvation or lack of it not being bound up in a denomination. If a person has come to repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they are saved regardless of the denomination they are affiliated with.

15. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

That's what I figured, and what I failed to properly express in my question to you. Thanks.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

[FONT=&quot]Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
    15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things![/FONT]

I presume you are a Baptist because you are posting in a Baptist forum. If not, then you shouldn't be posting here.
    In every Baptist church I have ever been in I have heard the gospel preached. Therefore the gospel is offered to the Baptists.

I have never heard the gospel preached to Catholics, therefore the gospel is not offered in the Catholic Churches. A Catholic, such as I was, was presented with the gospel by another, outside of the confines of the church. That is different.

I have never heard the gospel preached in a Hindu Temple (I have been to one).

I have never heard the gospel preached in a mosque (I have visited several).

Where the gospel is not preached, no one is saved, and that includes the RCC.

[FONT=&quot]"how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?"[/FONT]

17. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

You want quotes? Here are the quotes:

John Calvin (1509-1564) [founder of the Presbyterian Church]
    “I deny him to be the vicar of Christ, who, in furiously persecuting the gospel, demonstrates by his conduct that he is Antichrist--I deny him to be the successor of Peter..I deny him to be the head of the church.” “Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt…I shall briefly show that (Pauls words in 2 Thessalonians 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy” John Calvin, Tracts, Vol. 1, pp. 219,220. John Calvin, Institutes.

John Wesley (1703-1791) [founder of the Methodist Church]
    “He is in an emphatical sense, the Man of Sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled the Son of Perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers… He it is…that exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped… claiming the highest power, and highest honor… claiming the prerogatives which belong to God alone.” Albert Close, Antichrist and His Ten Kingdoms, London: Thynne and Co., 1917, p. 110.

William Tyndale (1484-1536) [1st translator of the Bible from the Greek]
    “The pope's forbidding matrimony, and to eat of meats created of God for man's use, which is devilish doctrine by Paul's prophecy,… are tokens good enough that he is the right antichrist, and his doctrine sprung of the devil.” 1 Timothy 4:1-3 Tyndale, An Answer to Sir Thomas More's Dialogue, in Works, vol. 3, p. 171

John Knox (1505-1572) [Scottish Reformer]
    He preached that Romish traditions and ceremonies should be abolished along with “that tyranny which the Pope himself has for so many ages exercised over the church" and that he should be acknowledged as "the son of perdition, of whom Paul speaks." In a public challenge he declared: "As for your Roman Church, as it is now corrupted… I no more doubt but that it is the synagogue of Satan, and the head therof, called the Pope, to be the man of sin of whom the apostle speaketh." Knox, The Zurich Letters, p.199

Huldreich Zwingli (1484-1531) [great Swiss reformer quoted on Dec. 28, 1524]
    “I know that in it works the might and power of the Devil, that is, of the Antichrist… the Papacy has to be abolished… But by no other means can it be more thoroughly routed than by the word of God (2 Thessalonians 2), because as soon as the world receives this in the right way, it will turn away from the Pope without compulsion.” Principle Works of Zwingli, Vol. 7, p. 135.

Checkmate. :smilewinkgrin:

18. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I attended Roman Catholic school as a kid-teen and one thing was clear......it was MASS confusion.

#58 Jedi Knight, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  19. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Former Catholic here.

I too was a Catholic and never heard the gospel being preached there. I heard another gospel, one that was mixed and false!

20. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    okay, so in your estimation, when was the foundation of the world ?