1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Denominations allowed by scripture?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jack Matthews, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    -----------------
    The more important question was John the Baptist a Southern:smilewinkgrin: , ABC, :applause: or IFB:thumbsup:

Salty

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There is no statement, "This is mandatory - this is essential" but belief in the atonement of Christ for salvation and the nature of God is taught throughout the NT. It's in so many places I can't begin to post them all.

I explained how if one denied the nature of God or Christ, then you have the wrong God or Jesus. Or if one denies the Virgin Birth, then what kind of Jesus do you have? If it's not the biblical Jesus, it's a false one. These things are self-explanatory and self-evidentiary.

The things I listed are all taught in Scripture. If you have a different God than scripture, then you don't have the right God. Of course, if you are not a Christian, that wouldn't bother you (not you personally, just anyone).

Some nonessentials are specifically mentioned in Romans 14 where it discusses these issues.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there are, I haven't met any yet. I don't know about others here, if they know of any who would, or do.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there are, I haven't met any yet. I don't know about others here, if they know Baptists who would, or do.
    Also, I have outlined things which the usual "Independent, Fundamental" Baptist would hold to, with no thought for those who are of a more liberal disposition, and there are Baptists with a liberal disposition.
    Again, I have no wish to hijack this thread by mentioning Baptists too much.