1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are only IF Baptist going to be part of the bride?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Bro Ben, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Bro Ben

Bro Ben New Member

Are only those that are a member of a Indep. Fundamental Baptist church going to be a part of the bride???

2. uhdum

uhdum New Member

No, of course not. Someone else may be better qualified to give a more detailed answer, but I believe that all saved people are the bride of Christ. The Bible refers to the Bride of Christ as the church. Now I'm not for ecumenicalism (one-world church) and stuff, but limiting it to just being one denomination is in essence saying that any other denominations aren't saved (the Bible simply says "Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it." (Eph. 5:27) Some people will say "the Baptist Church is the Bride" or "Independent Fundamental Baptists is the Bride." Telling them that it isn't limited to a particular denomination offends some people and say "You are supporting Ecumentalism!" Well, sorry, friend, the Bible never mentions denominations. I do believe that the first church was a Baptist church and that it falls in line with God's Word, and that the Protestant churches (Baptist is not Protestant) are technically the Harlot's children of Revelation (Protestants came out of Catholics in the Reformation..hope I don't offend you Protestants and Catholics). So, one can be totally Baptist and non-ecumenical yet still realize that a relationship with Jesus Christ is what makes up the Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ, not denominational barriers. Ecumenicalism is what the Antichrist will use when he comes to power; we can still recognize non-Baptist believers as brothers in Christ, but we must keep in mind our convictions as Baptists and not participate in worship services with them (my opinions and probably worded poorly).

3. Ars

Ars New Member

I believe you are referring to the group of Baptist who call themselves Baptist Briders. Although I have very little knowledge of this group, they are of the mind set that in order for one to go to heaven, they must be a part of the Baptist Church. It is possible that most of these "Baptist Briders" have the title of Independent Fundamental Baptist. However, that does not mean that most Independent Fundamental Baptist's are "Baptist Briders". I would hazard to say only a small minority of IFB churches fall under the title of "Baptist Briders".

4. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Dajuid, that is nonsense. Those who are called "Baptist Briders" (usually by others who use the term as a pejorative) don't believe any such thing! They believe only those who are faithful to the true NT church are part of the bride, and other saved persons will be honored guests at the marriage feast of the Lamb!

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I seriously doubt it. . .. .I am a part of the bride, and I am not classified as IF Baptist.. . .. .

6. Ars

Ars New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas Cassidy:
    Dajuid, that is nonsense. Those who are called "Baptist Briders" (usually by others who use the term as a pejorative) don't believe any such thing! They believe only those who are faithful to the true NT church are part of the bride, and other saved persons will be honored guests at the marriage feast of the Lamb!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected.

7. Bro Ben

Bro Ben New Member

The Bible clearly teaches that there will be guest at the marriage. All saved will be there but not all are part of the bride. Only those who are faithful and part of a IF Baptist church will be the bride.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

And your Biblical basis would be......?

9. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

ROFL ...ok this truely takes the cake. It sounds like some NOT ALL but some IFB people are becomging cult like. It will not be only IFB who are part of the bride of Christ, Jesus is returning for His Bride which are those who have recieved Jesus as Lord and Saviour and confessed his or her sin.

Sue

10. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Dr. Souza said, "Only those who are faithful and part of a IF Baptist church will be the bride."

If you truly believe that, may heaven have mercy on your soul! Other than defining what "bride of Christ" is, this thread is dead!

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: John Wells - formerly wellsjs ]

11. Kathy

Kathy New Member

12. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Would you care to elaborate on that?

13. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

Not all believers from Adam til now have been a part of the church age,,,,the saints of the church age are the bride of christ.

How can that be interpreted any other way?

The guests are the other believers....

14. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I believe the term "Bride of Christ" is used in two ways in the bible. The first is metaphorically refering to the love/faithfulness relationship between Christ and His churches being illustrated by the love/faithfullness relationship between a bride and her bridegroom. Not all Christians are faithful, so not all Christians are being refered to as "the bride." Some are called "the whore" or "the harlot" in Revelation 17. There is no such thing as a "faithful whore" or a "faithful harlot."

And, just as there are people in this life who are closer to the Lord than others, so also, in the next life, that will be true. Those who have been faithful will sit with Christ on His throne and reign as His co-regent. Those who have been less faithful will have lesser positions in heaven.

I believe all believers will be present at the marriage feast of the Lamb, but not all will be in the bride. But the thing to remember is that even the guests at the marriage feast will be honored guests, not servants of the bride. [​IMG]

15. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

I'm new here, and I don't want to make waves, but I take serious issue with anyone referring to God's chosen people, believers as harlots or whores......

That is not biblical!!! All who have repented of sin and accept the attonement of Christ are washed in the blood, and no longer seen as sinners.

Ephesians5:25-27" Husbands, love your wives, even as christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it;
    That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
    That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Jesus the bridegroom has paid the mohar(price for the bride,redemption), and has gone back to the Father's and prepares a home for his bride. He is coming again(rapture) to take his bride to her home. He is coming again for the Church.

16. tnelson

tnelson New Member

The OT Saints will be the quest.

The NT Saints will be the bride.

17. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Well then, you better tell God that for He is the One who said it!
    As to your claim of the rapture of the church, there is no such thing in the bible. All the saints will be raptured, not just church members.

18. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

Yes, I concede, all the saints will be raptured.

But as for the rest, that's some seriously twisted theology!Sorry, I will not reply to any further posts in regard to that issue, I'm not interested in its propagation.

19. Bro. John Willis

Bro. John Willis New Member

Brother Cassidy:

Since this is the type of reaction that "non-qualifiers" have toward the Doctrine of the Bride of Christ, I wonder (or rather I know)what they would say to the Baptist Saviour, Baptist Church and Baptist Book (KJV1611-New Testament); let alone the Baptist God!
    Their failure to understand the Bible on the Church can only lead to the most grave errors in all the other teachings.
    This is a good thread. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Your brother
    John

20. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

Seriously, I'm a bit afraid that I'm misreading something here:

Is Cassidy saying that some believers are referred to as The Whore of Babylon, or Harlots?

Please tell me I'm wrong. Spell it out for me.