1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are only IF Baptist going to be part of the bride?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Bro Ben, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

By the way....I plead ignorance here....what is a "non-qualifier"...?

...I'm not sure if I've been flattered or insulted? :eek:

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    What in the world is a "Baptist God?"

There is a God, but I can't consider him the property of one denomination, even though I think the Baptists are correct on many points.

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

What! All I did was quote the Bible! If you think the bible contains "twisted theology" you do not belong in the "Baptist Only" section of the Baptist Board!

4. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I suspect your confusion is caused by seeing the term "Baptist" as a denominational name instead of a doctrinal identity. Being Baptist has nothing to do with a denomination, but with the Baptist distinctives, which are simply adherence to the bible's teachings. [​IMG]

5. javalady

javalady New Member

&gt;&gt;Are only IF Baptists going to be part of the bride?&lt;&lt;
    You gotta be kidding! I cannot imagine anyone taking this idea seriously. All who belong to the Lord Jesus Christ by faith alone are a part of the Church--His Bride!
    Considering my dear Church of Christ Granny who went to heaven in 1986, and my beloved Pentecostal Granny who went to Jesus in 1981:
    "Will I see them around the throne in heaven? I fear not--for I will be so far back from the throne, and they will be so close to the side of Jesus!"
    [Borrowing the words of the great George Whitefield--an avid Calvinist who was Anglican-- regarding John Wesley--an avid Arminian who fathered Methodism.]

6. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

I am an independant fundamental baptist, and if you mean by non qualifier that I'm not baptist...you are mistaken..

...now you still did not address my question...am I mistaking your comment about some christians being referred to as whores or harlots in Rev.

I don't think its really fair for me to comment if I'm not even sure if that's what you mean.

Maybe someone else can enlighten me....

7. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I posted the relevant scripture from Revelation 17 and 18, just read it. God says to those members of the Great Whore, the Mother of Harlots, "come out from her my people." You either believe the bible or you don't. It is decision time. [​IMG]

8. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

I'm not sure why you choose to be cryptic...I do not see any references to God's people being the whore or harlot.

Revelation18:10: " Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying , Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgement come."

21:"..... Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all."

Revelation 17;18" And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

My interpretation is that the Whore of Babylon is the religious and commercial system.(apostates)

Nowhere do I see reference to any involved in this system being believers or present at the marriage feast....

Again, because you refuse to spell out your interpretation I can only surmise that you have stated that some believers are referred to as the Whore or Harlot...if that is incorrect...you aren't saying!

9. Monergist

Monergist New Member

I seem to remember Jesus rebuking some disciples for arguing about who was to be greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Bride, guests, whatever...

10. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Carly33, you are really starting to irritate me! If you continue to lie about me and what I said I may just lose my patience with you. If you will go back and actually read what I posted you will see that in Revelation 18:4 God clearly calls the people who are involved with the Great Whore, the Mother of Harlots my people. If you refuse to see that, or refuse to believe what the bible says, then there is no more to say. This forum is for believers who are Baptists. If you deny the bible is God's word, or think that God would lie in what He says, or that He is too stupid to know who are His people and who are not, then I leave you to your fate. End of discussion.

11. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Thomas,

This is an interesting view of Rev. 17-18 that I haven't heard before.

I want to clarify your position before I respond to it. Who exactly do you believe constitues the Whore/Mystery/Babylon. Is it all unfaithful believers, some kind of mixture of believers and unbelievers, or is there some other way you would describe it?

12. Bro. John Willis

Bro. John Willis New Member

Rather than wasting a lot of time, let me get right to the point.
    Since/If the term "Baptist" means that which baptizes, baptizing, immerses, immersing; hasn't God fufilled these definition requirements throughout the Old and New Testaments? You and every other thinking person knows the answer...YES!! Therefore, the simple conclusion is that GOD, the "I AM THAT I AM" of the Holy Scriptures is Baptist. This may appear oversimplistic, but it is nevertheless true. For more information see your Authorized Version Bible or contact me.
    Your brother
    John

13. Bro. John Willis

Dear javalady:
    Not to be disrespectful, but how do you know that your Cambellite granny went to heaven in 1986? If she was true to her beliefs as a member of the Church of Christ (so-called) then she believed that her baptism by a Cambellite minister was necessary for her salvation. That is called baptismal regeneration and that belief..IS NOT the True Gospel nor the requirement for salvation. She could have very well trusted Jesus as her Saviour, but since she also believed that the work called Baptism was necessary for her to be saved she mixed Grace (Christ as all sufficent Savior) with works. The Holy Bible says: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9. According to this passage anyone who uses works(baptism, prayer etc.) as a basis for their salvation is lost and that includes Campbellites and with it your granny. I'm sorry to say this, but it is nonetheless true.
    Your Pentecostal granny could have indeed been saved, but it is extremely doubtful that she walked in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Pentecostalism is so overabundant with theological errors that it certain that the belief in these heresies is a natural for anyone in good standing with this group.
    In conclusion neither one could qualify to make up the Bride of Christ since neither one obeyed Christ in the first act of obedience and followed Him in believers Baptism at the hands of a God sent preacher called Baptist as He did. Notice that Jesus said that this Baptism fufills all righteousness, which neither of them obviously did. On this strength alone one has to say that they are not in the Bride.
    Insofar as Whitefield, Edwards and Wesley are concerned the same goes for them. They were all members of false churches wilfully and therefore are without excuse. When we see them take notice and be certain they will not be the Bride but guests.
    Your brother
    John

14. Bro. John Willis

Check again Timothy, see the real conclusion to this matter that you say that you seem to remember. No argue or brag, just fact!
    Your brother
    John

15. Bro. John Willis

A non-qualifer is one who does not fufill all of the Bible requirements to be part of the Bride of Christ. Where are they found? Start in Revelation 19:7&8 then go to Matthew 3:13-15 you will have your answer. If non-Baptists cannot follow the Lord in this one and first act of obedience , how can they even dream of being in the Bride? Hence, the invention of the "universal bride", you know ..the one that goes along with the "universal church". So you see that one lie always call for another and another and another ad infinitum. That's what my parents always said.
    Truth said just remember, "The Church is the Body is the Bride." If you ain't in the church you ain't in the Bride.
    Your brother
    John

16. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Bro John,
    If javalady's grandmother or ANYBODY ELSE has any hope of being save , IT IS BY GOD'S GRACE ALONE!

It is most emphatically not what denomination they were in.

17. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Total Nonsense!

[ April 11, 2002, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: TimothyW ]

18. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Timothy W:
    Amen.

19. Carly33

Carly33 New Member

Is what I'm hearing here correct? The only ones to be the bride of Christ are the True Baptists?

What segment of the baptists holds to that doctrine.?...I've been baptist for some time and I have yet to run across that.

BTW, TimothyW, You're right :Total Nonsense.

What exactly is the definition of a false church?

[ April 11, 2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Carly33 ]

20. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Cassidy, since when is ignorance a virtue? Are you ignorant of the biblical doctrine of the universal church or do you just willfully reject the truth so you can peddle your conspiracy theories here? Being divisive over ignorance in regards to ecclesiological issues is carnal (1 Cor. 3). Congratulations. I am an IFB who believes the biblical account of the church. The church began at pentecost, is made up of all believers from then until the rapture. I would like to recommend a couple of courses on the following:
    Bibliology, Christology, Eschatology, Soteriology, Ecclesiology, Angelology, Pneumatology, Commonsenseology. Have a nice day.