1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are people Condemned Due To Unbelief, Or That "In Adam" and are sinners?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Would you PLEASE be intellectually honest and cordial. NO ONE has said, implied, inferred, hinted at, suggested..... "God winked at sin". Please stop being intentionally disengenous.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You as well as others interpret a section of Romans 1 to be salvific, which, uh, guess what? It's not. Why? It's proving the world lost, not that they should be saved by that knowledge. Talk about taking passages way out of context. But this is how you arrive at your errors.

Fact is, in your theory man is safe. It's utter fallacy and totally erroneoous to preach this.

:wavey:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

No need for your caustic spirit qaf. OK? You're incorrect even though you caps lock NO ONE.

Uh, "God overlooked sin" did you happen to see that when you hastily replied to me with fervor while remaining uninformed?

As a preacher, I know what is implied here. That's exactly what he means. :)

How that crow taste?

Oh, by the way, God doesn't overlook sin. This is a misnomer and an interpretational error.

#63 preacher4truth, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ignore ignorance ;)

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Skan says:

"The real issue is WHY do some remain in that condition of being "condemned?" UNBELIEF (see John 3:18 again)."

How can that be the real issue? In a sin state, nobody believes & all are damned. The real issue is why are some selected for salvation while others aren't. And we can debate that till the cows come home.....Because thats how God planned it (and he did not consult with us).

Personally I dont get flustered about what I can't control. Now if you want to change the whole construct of Orthodox Christianity then have at it. :D

6. quantumfaith

It is just so difficult. :) My 25 year career is about just that.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh.... I must be missing something....you didnt say you ignore ignorance did you?

8. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Actually I said they aren't condemned (meaning going to hell -- or "finally condemned") BECAUSE of Adam's fall. They perish BECAUSE they refused to believe God's revelation, period. How many verses do I need to produce that say that very thing verbatim before you would believe it? I've got a few more, but I really thought 5 would be sufficient.

9. Skandelon

Ok, that's it. We're done. Let me know when you want to have an adult conversation.

10. Skandelon

First, you are committing the fallacy of question begging by presuming true a subject up for debate.

Second, you argument presumes God's powerful life giving gospel isn't sufficient to accomplish the purpose for which it was sent....to make an appeal for God's enemies to be reconciled to him. It makes little since to presume that God must essentially reconcile them (make them a new creature/regenerate them) in order for them to accept God's appeal to be reconciled. That is something you read into the text.

No it not. Calvinists typically claim its for God's own secret purposes that he selects one over another. The bible says he calls (invites) everyone, but chooses those who are dressed in the wedding garments (representative of being clothed in Christ through faith) to enter the wedding feast. "Many are called, but few are chosen."

11. Skandelon

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's interesting how he had such a problem to a DIRECT quote from Paul. I didn't say "God passed over the sins previously committed," Paul did. And I wonder if he thinks God sending his Son to atone even for that sin previously committed was just a "wink?" Shameless.

12. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that you omitted here the final point that Apostle paul made in regards to this...

That IN THE PAST God overlooked commited sins, but NOW all are guilty and condemned by God, and must have Jesus preached to them!

God has ALL of us as being found "In Adam" gulity of sinning against God...

ALL of us born 'children of the Devil" in sin ,natures who sin...

Condemned until God Applies His Grace towards us, and redeems us back in the Beloved!

13. quantumfaith

What I "hope" the issue is, that he just simply gets so passionate about something, that his enthusiasm to respnd simply gets the better of him preventing himself from anlaysis and proper consideration of someone's posting (position).

14. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Your theology professor would revoke your degree if he saw that you posted this clearly worded bit of horse hooey...

Shame on you. You continually claim to know better, then resort to the gutter and strawman arguments to further your cause.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both. We have the potential for condemnation because of Adam's sin. We can be redeemed and avoid final condemnation by believing in the Son of God.

No Adamic sin, no condemnation, no need for Christ to be sent to save us from condemnation by believeing on Him.

The OP question is not valid; it's not either/or, it's for/then. For Adam sinned, then we are condemned by unbelief.

16. quantumfaith

Kudos, that is a solid argument, and quite logical. Thanks INTHELIGHT.

17. JesusFan

per the Bible...

ALL have sinned, fallen short of the glory of God...

In Adam all men died(spiritually) In Chrsit shall all men be made alive again

God clearly sees us reprobate on arrival, and condemned regardless if reject jesus, as that rejection makes it "permanent"

18. JesusFan

perhaps logical, but not strictly biblical!

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then please point out the error of my statement.

20. JesusFan

All men stand condemned by God at their physical births, as they are seen by God as being "In Adam"
    rejecting Jesus will be the "finishing" act of this condemnation, but we are both those with sin natures who chose to Sin...

If person dies, their sin nature already has them condemned by Holy God, apart from rejecting Jesus...

IF that is what you said, forgive me, misunderstood you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.