1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are people Condemned Due To Unbelief, Or That "In Adam" and are sinners?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I have no problem with what Paul said, just your misinterpretation/misapplication of it. :love2:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. preacher4truth

Yep, this is what I've been saying.

It amazes me the trail of verses used to lead to his illogical conclusions, strawman #1, #2, #3, #4 parade by, followed of course by the typical follow up reply of one of the crew, with mutliple thumbsups.

I find it amusing and see such as quite sophomoric in nature. I loved the "disengenous"{sic} label cast upon me. I think he meant disingenuous, which means lacking in frankness. Heavens sakes, I thought I was pretty frank about it. Perhaps the "hypocritical" part is what he meant. Who knows? Who cares? It wasn't even correctly spelled! :love2:

Yes yes, we know, people go to hell for unbelief. Nonsense. They go to hell for being sinners, who happen not to believe, who are headed there as we speak, and the only way to escape this is to believe.

This thing that God overlooks sins (whichever version that is) is simply misunderstood to portray that God has simply not been taking them serious, you know, as He has throughout history. Hence, this needs to be interpreted correctly, as it has not been for obvious reasons. :)

Note also the reference wasn't given. Why? Well, because the context doesn't support his interpretation.

Thus its not "for" unbelief, they are already headed there, it's for being lost.

Now, did Jesus die on the cross for unbelief, or for the sins of the whole world, that condemn the word in guilt, in order that in believing in Him, His people may come out of the condemnation of sins (eternal death) and become His? Yes, He died for the sins of the world, to save His people from their sins. And the unbelieving and otherwise will remain right there where they were; lost and dying in their sins.

I wonder, are there any in hell right now who have never heard? You bet. And natural revelation/general revelation isn't another Savior for them, Christ alone is. People love to pretend that this is, and also say by what they do with that knowledge, they are saved. Not so, it's not by works, or behavior modification based upon general revelation. It's Christ alone, and He came to save His people from their sins. This passage presents men as being without excuse, and proves men lost, not the gen/nat revelation saves.

Glfrederick, you gave a nice list of verses a while back. Thanks for that.

:wavey:

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

JF,

This is one thing that I find totally "ridiculous", that being the level of sematics used in order to remain true, as each of us do, to our carved out theological positions. I cannot help but grin occasionally at the pains we go through.

4. preacher4truth

So you're saying that the resident arminian does this also? "Semantics used in order to remain true" I mean, you said each of us? Is that what you mean, each of us, or no? :smilewinkgrin:

To be honest, I've never seen you go through any pains to express yours, to be quite frank, what I see are many "drive-bys" with thumbs but no theological dialogue with Scriptures that I am aware of. I mean, I'd love to see that, along with Scriptures.

I've rarely seen this from you. I can't say it makes me grin.

#84 preacher4truth, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Skan,

If you include God's revelation,and conscience we start to be in agreement.

However all sinned...in romans 3 is a point action....we all sinned in adam at that moment...Adam was federal head...and a type of the last Adam.

In post 4 you were only speaking of those who do not believe the word preached...that is why there was contention about that statement.....as well as differences on what happened in the fall.

6. quantumfaith

:eek::rolleyes:

7. preacher4truth

Oh yes, the possessed apathy is part of it too. Thanks for the reminder, sort of. :wavey:

#87 preacher4truth, Jul 28, 2011
  8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for being nice on the "put down"

How was I doing this in my answer, just curious?

9. preacher4truth

Probably meant others, therefore, it's not really a put down, since it was toward them, and not you.

See how it works?

:laugh:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was just thinking how much time alleged pastors have to post on this board. I wonder if their congregations know how many hours are spent here attacking...er...interacting with others on the web when they allegedly have a flock of their own to tend to. Just saying.

11. quantumfaith

Please notice, I included Everyone.

12. quantumfaith

My last comment to you for a while. Let me quote another great BB member.

Let me know when you think you can have an adult conversation.

13. preacher4truth

I was just thinking who one would be most like when being accusatory, when reporting the brethren to others slanderously in objective? Holding lists of wrong doings? Things like that?

- Peace

14. preacher4truth

Promise? :love2:

As I told you in the past, your continued drive-bys, innunedos, labels? Not profitable to engage with you.

- Peace

15. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

If you are going to bring an accusation, please be specific, and try not to resort to immature personal attacks and demeaning rhetoric. My posts are on topic and about the point up for debate, not personal, thus I think it would be your post that would be considered "resorting to the gutter." It's fine to disagree with my views and even call me out if you think I've committed a fallacy. In fact, I welcome such argumentation. It is a debate forum after all. But, this kind of response profits no one and only reflects poorly on you.

#95 Skandelon, Jul 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.