1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are revelation and communication the same?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by John of Japan, Oct 14, 2006.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The call of Moses was revelation of universal truth

Here is something from the revised ISBE (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, 1988) about why the call of Moses was revelation: "God's revelation is His personal self-revelation. He Himself came to Abram, spoke to him (Gen. 12:1-3), and made him His friend (Jas. 2:23). He 'used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend' (Ex. 33:11). He knew Moses by name and gave him His own covenant name (Ex. 33:17; 3:13-15). Here was no impersonal disclosing of new facts or teachings, but the self-revealing of God in person." (Vol. 3, pp. 162-163)

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Good posting.

I still have only seen sparse bits and pieces of the few things we have already discussed. But unfortunately nothing remotely substantial.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a very good discussion, I think, for the very reason that articles, books, etc., are sparse on the subject. I looked at my Theological Journal 2.0 disk yesterday, and found only one or two articles on the subject even from that source, and nothing germane to this discussion.

I hope the discussion continues, but in the meantime, thanks to all for an excellent discussion so far with good attitudes from all: Allan, Swaimj, Pastor Larry, BPT and others.

4. Allan

Allan Active Member

Thank you for setting up the thread. I found it interesting and fun to look for something that isn't something you can answer with your brain on auto pilot. :laugh:

I enjoyed it. And anything new I will still be keeping an eye out for.