1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are sins really forgotten?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Joe, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Joe

Joe New Member

Hi All :)

I wanted to get your views on “The Books" & “Book of Life” in relation to sin. This is at the Judgment.

As Christians, it is believed our sins are forgiven and forgotten when we confess and repent. Since they are forgotten, then they can’t be brought back to be judged a second time. Yet in Rev 20:13 it speaks of judgment, but it refers to judgment of our works written in "the books". So I assume then, as Christians, the works written in "The books" are only our good works? This doesn't include our sins right? Do you believe these "Other books" contain the sins of Non Christians?

Thank you,

Joe

Rev 20: 12-14 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

Heb 10: 16-20 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

#1 Joe, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  2. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Yes, if you repent your sins they are under the blood never to be remembered again.

God's not a covenant breaker.

We will be judged by if we have accepted or rejected Christ and by our works.

Faith without works is dead.

James 2:17-26 (KJV)
    17: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
    18: Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
    19: Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
    20: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    21: Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    22: Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
    23: And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
    24: Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    25: Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
    26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Thanks!

I am somewhat familiar with those verses but they are always a nice refresher
    The "judgment" concerning "The books" is what I don't understand.

Anytime you hear the word judgment, it is usually pertaining to sin.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The judgment about the books is a judgment of the dead (unregenerate, unquickened, in my theology hated by most, the elect, in the "other" theology I left, those who "chose" Christ over hell). These are those who stand before God without a Savior, without a Redeemer, without an Advocate.

They stand before God bearing their own works of righteousness, or none at all, and they are judged according to their works. Sin. All unrighteousness is sin.

There can be no child of God standing there at that judgment because all the chidren of God (whether they were chosen by God, or choosers of God, and whether they were born in Bible lands during Bible times, or out of Bible times before Bible times), whose names were written in the Book of Life, had their names written in the Book of Life before the foundation of the world (Revelation 17:8).

These are they, and only they, for whom Christ died. These are they, and only they, for whom His blood is efficacious, and for whom His blood was shed.

These are all counted righteous, sinless, perfect, and accepted, but only in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:4-6).

How fragile their eternal security is if Christ suddenly turned around and said, "never mind, send them all to the garbage dump along with the rest", but since He is God, He never changes. Jesus Christ, the same, today, yesterday, and forever [Hebrews 13:8].

These have a Savior, Redeemer, and Advocate.

They are not going to stand and be judged at the Great White Throne, and be judged out of "the books".

For that reason, apart from being judged by the "books", the Book of Life is opened before those being judged at the Great White Throne, and their names searched out, and being proved that their names do not appear in the Book of Life (created and written before the foundation of the world....names of God's children written before the first star was hung), their judgment is final, executory, and unappealable.

Not to mention that they were worshippers of the Anti-Christ, and the reason they were worshippers is exactly because their names were not written in the Book of Life.

(The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Revelation 17:8).

(And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev.20:15).

The final proof that they are not God's own. They do not appear in God's roster of names of His people.

FWIW.

#4 pinoybaptist, Oct 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2007
  5. Joe

Joe New Member

Thank you!

That pretty much clears it up