1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are teetotalers killing people?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From a resolution by the the Southern Baptist Convention, adopted with overwhelming support several years ago:

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

People never know when they start drinking whether or not they will become a drunkard and that is a fact, a sad fact.

Also I would note that though there are claims that alcohol in moderation may reduce the incidence of heart disease this claim is often followed by the statement, if you don't drink don't start.

Heart disease is primarily, I believe, a genetic disease. Everyone in my family has suffered from heart disease. Some imbibed, some didn't ,some have died from heart disease. I have fought heart disease for 17+ years. I have on occasion tried to develop a taste for red wine, the so-called miracle cure. Don't like it, don't like beer.

I am not going to preach total abstinence but frankly I am not going to advise anyone to start drinking. I don't think you should either!

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

If nothing else, this should tell you that Requiring teetotalism is not the way to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.