1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are the Mavs the Biggest Collapse Ever?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, May 4, 2007.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The ninth best record ever in the NBA regular season, have the likely MVP of the league, and lose in the first round ?!?!

Are the Mavs the biggest collapse ever?

Will the Mavs make major moves in the offseason?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, they are a bust. It took everything from Dirk Nowitzki to even get to a game 6. They should have lost game 5.

I'm not a huge Avery Johnson fan. The playoffs are an entirely different game, and he didn't adjust.

I can't say I'm dissapointed, though. Cuban gets under my skin.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Dallas may be the biggest bust - but GS did not pull of the biggest upset in all time. I dont think world class upsets happen until the finals of any event - of course then you have some of the best games ever played. but Dallas may have been guilty of one of the biggest busts - #1 does not lose to #8 - except in hockey from time to time, at least in a 7 game series. Those were the most frustrating games to watch for a dallas fan - esp game 3 and 6 where dallas got absolutely blown out. I have never seen dirk shoot so poorly - and all they did was shoot jump shots. Cant believe that Avery could not get them to go to the rim. Dallas did not defend the paint well either - the one hard foul dallas committed in game six flustered GS for awhile but dallas decided to play nice the rest of the game ARRRGH.

4. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are lucky that they won't have to face the wrath of the Spurs...

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am not sure I follow you on this line of thinking. Normally teams that make the finals are good enough where there really is no "upset".

I would say the biggest upsets would take place earlier in the playoffs. But maybe I am misunderstanding you...

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

In my mind the biggest upsets are the Marlins beating the Yankees, Jets over Colts, TX over USC, NC State over Houston and phi slamma jamma etc. Those were heavily favored teams that got beat in classic matches - First round upsets are purely choke jobs by the favored team.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Mavs were better than Golden State by 25 wins. I don't remember the disparity between the Nuggets and Sonics in 94, but that's the only other upset that comes close to this one. The Mavs won 67 regular season games, and were in the Finals last year. I don't see another one that was this big.