1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are the Republicans Beyond Saving?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Nov 25, 2013.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I did not say anything about rest rooms or water fountains. I was making the point that sailors, whether from the north or the south, respected black women and would give them their seat if they had one.

That being said it is the democrat party that is the party of racism in this country! Is it racism CTB when black teenagers are "sucker punching" white folks in cities. I suspect most are up north and Obama can't open his mouth.

#21 OldRegular, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be interesting to have a black person who lived in Norfolk tell us of their experiences on the city buses.

I disagree, neither political party has much of a bragging right. But the Republicans are the ones who had the Southern Policy and have pursued a racist agenda to garner votes in the South. When the Civil Rights Bill passed and LBJ signed it into law he is reported to have said, "We [meaning the Democrats] have lost the South for a generation." This was when Nixon began formulating the Republican Southern Policy and which was continued by Reagan.

Old, there is white racism. There is black racism. Neither is right. Both are reprehensible. [/quote]

Old, is it racism if white teenagers sucker punch a black person?

It was also racism when my friend from China was studying here and was jumped one night for no reason and beaten almost to death. I do not know if those who beat him were black or white, but it was racism. Don't you agree?

3. OldRegular

I am not speaking for blacks Crabby. I am just noting the behavior of sailors I observed.

Quit lying Crabby. That is what did LBJ in. He could not lie in the White House as he did in the Senate. Furthermore, if it had not been for Republicans the Civil Rights Law would not have passed.

Southerners in general do not like big government. They are like the Founding Fathers in that way. The reactionary-democrats may want to return to the divine right of kings, even though many if not most are agnostic/atheist, but true patriots do not!

I believe that anyone who insists that he is entirely free of racial prejudice is not truthful. It has been my experience that if I look at a race as a group there are racial biases. If I look them as individuals there are no racial biases.

My argument is that the reactionary-democrat party is racist. They don't look at blacks, for example, as individuals but as a group to be manipulated for political purposes. As proof of this look at the way black conservatives are portrayed, Oreos or Uncle Toms. Dr Ben Carson and Justice Clarence Thomas are prime examples of this.

Reactionary-democrats have the same attitude toward women who are conservative, especially young pretty ones like Sarah Palin. That woman and her girls have been vilified beyond reason by Reactionary-democrat politicians and their mindless talking heads. Where are the Crabby-types that have called MSMBC to task for their slimy talking head's sickening remarks about Governor Palin!

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I will accept an apology from you Old.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is not a fact of history to say that the GOP became racist. The Democrats were the party of slavery and abortion and the GOP provided the votes to pass all civil rights acts including the one in 1964 that so many Democrats voted against. Fact of history.

6. OldRegular

Please! Please! Do not confuse CTB with the truth!

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Below is an explanation of the GOP developing a racist policy ... by a GOP strategists.

This was one of several reasons I left the Republican party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy[/QUOTE]

Now of course they are also playing to the alien-phobic voters.

#27 Crabtownboy, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  8. thisnumbersdisconnected

9. OldRegular

You should know that Wiki is not dependable.

You are exactly where you belong, with the pro-slaughter of the unborn party

A typical radical-reactionary-democrat response.

If a Christian believes homosexuality is a sin he is labeled homophobic.

If a citizen is opposed to the invasion of aliens he is labeled alien-phobic.

How about labeling CTB baby-phobic, or liberty-phobic, or freedom-phobic, or self reliant-phobic, or white conservative-phobic, and so on!

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are......

.....any of those in politics worth saving?

If we are talking spiritually, the answer an unequivicable YES!

If it pertaining to keeping them in office beyond their next terms, I'd say let's dump the whole bucnh: DNC, GOP and Indep! :wavey:

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt that race played its role in the Southern Strategy developed by the GOP. Non Wiki quote on the Southern Strategy by Phillips:

More on the Southern Strategy:

#31 Crabtownboy, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  12. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

.... not to mention an unnecessary gratuitous insult, given neither party can escape the broad brush of bigotry from their history.