1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are their current forum members who would like to discuss the Sabbath?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What tragedy since Jesus Christ the Sabbath found its protectors and adherents among those who deny and reject His Divinity .... who are no different than the Jews though they call themselves Christians.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So "anyway".... the post I provided with details about the Sabbath in earlier centuries appears to be going unchallenged.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

It is cheap and easy to pick a minority example of historical data that supports one's opinion and ignore the rest. I suspect that a large percentage of the people on this list reject the ecumenical creeds but push the trivia.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am just pointing to history that "needs to be ignored" if one wants to make up the idea that the controversy over rebellion against the 4th commandment only surfaced in the last 100 years and that prior to that nobody noticed the problem.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Don't worry, dear BobRyan, the Sabbath shall nor revive before the Lord comes again and we shall be where He is on the New Earth .... O that we may find solace in the promise, and don't maim ourselves and call down fire from heaven over our Sabbath-offering to a God who won't accept it.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When someone makes a sweeping statement about there being no historic evidence of controversy over the Sabbath question until the last 150 years or so - they cannot then complain when the inconvenient details of history do not support such wild claims. It is not "cheap" to point to the details of history that refute wild claims.

There are some who would not let inconvenient facts get in the way of a good story - and they will ever be confronted by details that do not support some of their storytelling. Not much I can do about that.

in Christ,

Bob