1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are there any free will baptists here?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by FundamentalOnly!, Apr 23, 2007.

1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

drfuss: No debate intended by me. I was just pointing out that from a practical non-theological perspective, the important aspects concerning being saved, are the same. I have no problem with you saying it your way; and for me to say it my way.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto brother.

Just keeping the conversation going. Maybe it's done.

Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

HankD

3. drfuss

drfuss New Member

In post #55, HankD writes:
    "I don't see how you can have it both ways JD, either you have complete and absolute assurance or you don't."

I think every True Christian has complete and absolute assurance of their salvation, through faith, within their own belief concerning security of the believer. However, each Christian can see uncertainties in other beliefs concerning security of the believer. See the Security of the Believer Beliefs thread page 12, post #119 under the Other Christian Denominations section.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I see the distinction.

Personally, I believe the scripture teaches the doctrine of OSAS apart from how anyone feels about it or whether they have that absolute assurance or not (They are eternally secure whether they know it or not assuming they of course have been regenerated).

HankD