1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are there any words?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by quantumfaith, Feb 6, 2013.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There are....watching the video, my only concern was hoping this poor woman didn't lose the entire Judeo-Christian world-view. Too often, recognizing the insanity and frankly Satanic influence in a "Church" like this would cause someone to give up on Christianity entirely. That's the real danger. Fortunately, she is still seeking a new church to attend, so, it appears that there's plenty of hope for her in a reasonable psychological recovery and a fulfilling Spiritual life !! :tongue3:

That "Church" is purely Demonic....I would confidently say, that Fred Phelps is no more a child of God than the man in the moon...even less so. His immortal soul needs to be prayed for, if he isn't too far damned already. :tear:

3. quantumfaith

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It amazes me how some have such "leadership skill" that they can garner a following under such unfathomable premises and ideas. My guess is they were absent on the day the professor lectured on LOGIC.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This is an evil church.

Fred Phelps is an evil man.

But Satan's greatest victory from the "ministry" of Phelps may not be the people he has offended or even the souls he has directly turned away from the church.

It may be the tendency of our to knee jerk react and swing the pendulum too far the other way. That's what gives us Joel Osteens and Rob Bells and worse.

Reacting against evil men like Phelps robs the Church of Acts 2 type preaching wherein thousands are saved. "This same Jesus YOU have taken with WICKED hands and slain... that day three thousand souls were saved..."

We have to be careful of philosophies built on knee jerk reactions.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I watched a documentary on this church. They don't have but about 30 people that attend that church and most of THEM are blood relatives of Phelps'.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tolerance and defense of homosexuality is the devil's trophy from this one.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I agree.

Since one group uses God's wrath as a club to suit their own personal agenda and to vent their own personal demonic hatred, the tendency is for us to throw the truth of God's wrath away altogether.

We toss away a large chunk of the Bible we say we believe in when we do.

And it does not make us more loving- not by a country mile.

It makes us fashioners of a religion to suit us. That does more damage than Phelps could ever DREAM of doing.

8. quantumfaith

Agreed on the "defense" issue. I do however think some modicum of tolerance is biblical. We are instructed:

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
    Romans 12:18