1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are they welcome to attend your church?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 1, 2007.

?
  1. Motorcycle riders

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Drug addicts

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  3. Alcoholics

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  4. Child abusers

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  5. Liars

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  6. Homosexuals

24 vote(s)
    75.0%
  7. People who have AIDS

24 vote(s)
    75.0%
  8. Gluttons

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  9. None of the above

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Let me clarify

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Motorcycle riders, They just ride one or they are in a gang?

I thought you meant "gang" by saying Motorcycle riders.

I don't see anything wrong with riding a motorcycle.
    It's the gangs I have a problem with.
    So, do the police. ;)

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You said it well! :thumbs:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Did you take a text before this sermon?:laugh: :wavey:

You hit the nail on the HEAD!

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Matthew 18:6-7 (KJV)
    6: But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
    7: Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Mark 9:42 (KJV)
    And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Luke 17:1-2 (KJV)
    1: Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
    2: It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

It's a hanneous crime

If this person has been tried, convicted and served his sentence, would you welcome him into your church? Judging from your answer above, I believe so.

I would rather befriend him, and witness to him than to ignore him or shun him. If he is supported by this church family, he is more likely able to remain within God's will, resulting in less chance he will victimize more children.

#25 Joe, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If this is the case then maybe we should take him even if he wasn't convicted and served a sentence.

Ro 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

7. Joe

Joe New Member

I agree. Squire suggested this post be in the context of someone already tried and convicted.

Yet, if he/she admitted to victimizing a child, then there are a few things I would do. I am not perfect so... this would be my attempt. I would contact CPS, my Pastor and Youth Pastor. A contract needs to be in place to protect the children in church. People need to be assigned to watch over this predator. I would encourage this person to stay in church, and remain supportive.

If the victimized child attended our church, then the predator would be hooked up with another church (If possible) or an adult bible study.

#27 Joe, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  8. TC2

TC2 Member

In an ideal church, all of the above, with open arms.
    In real life, not so much.
    Where can I/we find such a welcoming church, I think
    we really need it.

9. Joe

Joe New Member

I believe there are many welcoming churches

10. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would welcome them, but not necessarily to membership. Membership carries many requirements. Attendance has only one: showing up.

1 Cor 6:9-12 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate , nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

11. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I ticked all except child abusers, simply because there are child safety issues relating to totally free and easy attendance for those individuals and there should be certain child welfare systems in place before such an individual is admitted.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Nope! I'd want nothing to do with a church that welcomed such!

I'd look for a perfect church which I could corrupt, personally. :thumbs:

'Cause after I got there, it certainly would no longer be perfect! :eek:

Seriously, while there are certain "legal issues", involving any convicted "child abusers", how does one know the specifics about some of these, whom many might classify as "undesirables"? And how about some situations, of which we do not know, in the first place?

A couple of my own best friends are members of the Christian Motorcycle Association; I've known three pastors, including my current pastor, who ride motorcycles.

I'm pretty sure (although I grant, I do not definitely know) not one member of my church, including myself, that can honesty say that never once in their lives, did they tell even a "little white lie".

And, frankly, I seriously doubt most members of my own church would knowingly welcome, with open arms at least, and not knowing who they are, the mayor of the known largest homosexual city around, a known prostitute, and a known adulterer and murderer.

Sure would make it tough on the man after God's own heart (David), his own great-grandmother (Rahab), and the only man the Bible ever specifically identifies as one "of the godly" (Lot), now wouldn't it?

[Edited to add] As is my usual practice, I did not vote in the poll.

Ed

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Excellent post, ED!

Are we not commanded to love others as God loves us?

If I were to turn away ANYONE, regardless of what they have done. I am saying that Jesus' death on the cross was for naught.

I repeat, the blood of Jesus washes away ALL sin or NO sin.

There but for the grace of God...

14. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I'm still stuggling with motorcycle riding sin.:laugh: Why would a motorcycle rider have to repent any more than a car driver?:wavey: