1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are UFOS mentioned in the Bible? What are they?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 16, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you show me in scripture where demons have the ability to shape shift or manifest themselves as a non-living entity? Because I've only read of them inhabiting living creatures, i.e. humans, swine, etc.

When you say that demons are clever enough to make radar blips appear, could you specify how this would be accomplished? Would it happen because a person under the influence of demons would rig the electronics or could demons supernaturally affect circuitry?

I appreciate your answers.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm afraid that what Ezekiel say was what would be called

"The Real McCoy"

Not something from outer space----but from the spiritual world of Heaven!:thumbs::thumbs:

3. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#23 HeirofSalvation, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to agree with many of the posters here in that UFO's are real but I don't believe they come from other planets nor are they representatives of other races.

To me, UFO's are part of the Great Deception initiated by the evil one to mislead many. Accordingly, UFO Cults have sprung up around the world in record numbers.

To change the subject a bit..., consider the TV Program(s) regarding the Voyages of Star Trek. From it's beginning some 40 years ago the idea was that Captain Kirk and his crew were to follow the Prime Directive as ordered by Starfleet Command as they roamed the vastness of Space.

All of this was but a take off on the idea that mankind is in charge of their own destiny. As "we" know, the only real Prime Directive for mankind is the Word of God but to the heathen..., God doesn't exist.

So it is with UFO's. The human race doesn't need God. All we need to do is wait for these alien types to land and fix all our problems. :tonofbricks:

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm sure they really want to serve man.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to realise that Angels/Demons, who are fallen angels, are all spiritual beings, o when they "interact" within our physical Universe, they assume forms/shapes that would make sense to us, as angels take on human appearance for us to see them, and demons would act as 'ghosts" to delude us!

They are not subject to the physical laws as we are, being flesh and blood, so why can't they manifest differingeffects that appear to be beyond our current scirnce/tech?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have to keep in mind these are Supernatural beings, outside our normal space/time reality, so would be able to interact with humans like Q in Star Trek, or Mxy in superman!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    would also see satan adapting to the times, for he could use ghost/goblins/faiaries to delude in middle ages, but now uses "aliens" to keep pace with our science/tech!

9. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the twilight zone that ended up being a cookbook. :laugh:

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm sure they really want to serve man.

I can't tell if you knew that's what I was referring to, or if you think I just said that inadvertantly.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    to Serve man, wasn't it?

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The episode was entitled, "To Serve Man." If I recall correctly, a very illogical thing is shown by deciphering the aliens' language of that book is somehow obtained. Even if they could discover the meaning of the book title is "To Serve Man," it's a huge presumption to think the play on words must work in English and in 'Alien.'

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I can see where you and the Twilight Zone would have a psychic connection.

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what kind of connection to you have to the TZ, considering that the episode referenced herein is more in line with your beliefs and hopes than it is mine?

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And that shows how much you pay attention to the posts. How many times, in this and other threads, did I say I believe we have never been visited by life from other worlds?

You know it is a proven fact that people with preconceived notions can read something that is opposite of that notion and come to the same conclusion.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I most definitely stand by my claim that The Twilight Zone-- in particular the episode that was discussed here-- is more in line with your views that mine by your quote here:

"There is life or there is not life out there. Personally, I think there is and hope there is. A lot of this type of stuff has an element of something called the human imagination, the ability to dream or ponder ideas."

That's clearly TZ thought material that you expressed. I disagree with it and say it's quite unlikely there is physical life beyond earth. So what is this claim of yours that I have a "psychic connection" to the TZ?

I think that must be so; your own posts and claims make Exhibit A.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have read and seen where some will be using UFO as reason why Christians raptured away, for it will be said we were taken away due to us not being agreement with "new world order!"