1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we as Christians saints?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by john6:63, Nov 21, 2003.

1. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

It was stated on another thread, God makes saints and the pope recognizes them.

How is it that the pope knows when God makes saints? Does the pope have a direct line of communication with God and He informs the pope who should be recognized as a saint?

This was a discussion in my Disciple class a few weeks back and here’s why I feel that All Christians are saints.

Studying the letters from the apostle Paul, he often greeted Christians as ‘saints.’ See Rom 1:7; I Cor 1:2; II Cor 1:1 etc…

Many blessings and actions are ascribed specifically to saints of God with no inclusion for any other people. See Rom 8:27, 15:25-26; I Cor 16:1; Eph 1:15, 18, 6:18; Col 1:12, 26; Rev 8:3-4.

If all Christians are not saints, then we are denied part in all the blessings and greetings from the apostle Paul. So, when we accept Christ as savior, reflecting our sanctification by God, are we now called saints?

2. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

All Christians are saints.

The Church does recognize that some who have died from this earthly life are now in Heaven and are declared by the Church as Saints.

The Church does not claim to know the eternal state of all who have died. Some may be Saints in Heaven, but we simply do not know.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Catholic church forbids praying to living Christians - they use the term "saints" to refer to those Christians that have died - they only approve of prayers to the dead.

In Christ,

Bob