1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are We Living in the Kingdom Age Today?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Acts 2:30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
    31 Preaching the kingdom of God , and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

What Kingdom was Paul teaching? Physical or spiritual?

Where in the OT prophecies concerning the Kingdom does it refer to two, separated by 1000s of years?

Is 9:7 says the Kingdom will have no end. Does your 1000 year Kingdom have an end?

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

KJV Revelation 20:1-7
    1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

KJV Hosea 6:1-2
    1 Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
    2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

KJV 2 Peter 3:8-10
    8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With a real key and chain, Jesus with a sword out of his mouth, name written on his thigh (tatoo), a pit with a looking door, are we supposed to take those as literal as well?

5. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

So I guess I could, according to your interpretative method, make the statement that the 1000 year reign is actually one day. Or is 2Peter3:8 only valid in situations which help support your view?

Is. 9:8 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end , upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever . The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

I ask again, does the Kingdom in which Jesus sits on the throne of David have an end?

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Is God three or is he one?

Is Christ God or is he man?

Is God sovereign or does man have free will?

Is the Kingdom forever or is it 1000 years?

Yes.

The Bible tells me so.

If you can't see that it is both, you either have little faith or litte imagination.

Lacy

7. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

1.One
    2.God is Spirit
    3.God is sovereign
    4.The Kingdom is forever

Is the Kingdom forever, a 1000 years, or one day?