1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we living under the New Covenant??

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother Bob, Oct 27, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Now, I like your list. :thumbs:

2. Ole Spurgeon was a soul winner and true to Scripture. My avatar is a picture of Spurgeon at study.

3. Yet, Spurgeon was a covenant premil.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Apparently you do not believe that Jesus sits on the throne of David.

Luk 1:31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luk 1:32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luk 1:33And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Act 2:30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    Act 2:31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Act 2:36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Isn't it ironic that the Apostles were preaching to the House Of Israel.

Isa 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

BBob,

#82 Brother Bob, Oct 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

When does will mean now?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you believe the government is upon His shoulders now??

Isa 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I thought you believed his reign was in the MK?

BBob,

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Christ is now reigning but there are different phases of the reign of Christ. We're now in the mystery form of the kingdom but not the MK and Christ is now reigning.

2. But my view is not necessarily that of everyone else.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Mystery form?? Glad you believe that Christ is now reigning.
    I am sure you don't believe that Christ is on and then off and back on in the reign.

BBob,

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. What are all the kingdom parables about, if not the mystery form of the Kingdom?

2. Yes, He's reigning in the mystery form of the kingdom.

3. Not at all! But we cannot ignore what the Scripture points to (Acts 15:13-18; Rom 11:25-32). After these things? When the partial hardening is removed? What are we to make of these texts? We cannot explain them away.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Who exactly is supposed to be John Whitefield?

Ed

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I see your point, but Jesus usually gave us the answer.

I don't think that is a mystery, the Kingdom is within you. He is on the right hand of God. The earth is His footstool.

Acts;
    15: And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
    16: After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down
    Rom. 11:
    25: For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

This is the question is it not. If Christ is already sitting on David's throne, then the scripture of Amos is fulfilled.

The fullness of the Gentiles, I believe was when the will sift the house of Israel among all nations. Salvation has already come to the gentiles and all nations.

BBob,

#89 Brother Bob, Oct 30, 2007
  10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

A brother to George, I thought you knew everyone.

not

BBob,

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I thought George was Liberace's brother.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Don't tell anyone, Liberace was gay.

13. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. The mystery of the Kingdom surrounds the now-not-yet tension that we see in Scripture, beginning with the coming of Christ.

2. We're still awaiting the Millennial Kingdom and then the Eternal Kingdom.

3. You're only quoting Romans 11:25-32, but what does it mean?

14. npetreley

npetreley New Member

His secret is safe with me.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Mar 4:11And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all [these] things are done in parables:

Mar 4:12That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and [their] sins should be forgiven them.

Still the fulfilling of Amos;
    The fullness of the Gentiles, I believe was when the will sift the house of Israel among all nations. Salvation has already come to the gentiles and all nations.

BBob,

#95 Brother Bob, Oct 30, 2007
  16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The fulness of the Gentiles, when????

Romans 11:
    7: What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

We see here where a part of Israel were blinded that salvation might come to the Gentiles. They would be blinded until the "fulness of the Gentiles".

8: (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

They were blinded up till the day that Paul wrote this passage, as we can see.

9: And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompence unto them:
    10: Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back always.

So to fulfill the scripture they were to be blinded so they could not see, so they could not be saved.

11: I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Here we see they were blinded so salvation could come to the Gentiles, until the "fulness of the Gentiles".

12: Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?

We see here that if the fullness had come they could be saved.

13: For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
    14: If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might (save) some of them.

We see here that Paul believed the time had come that He might save some of them. So, the "fulness of the Gentiles must of come.

15: For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Here Paul speaks of receiving them back in as being dead and brought to life, which could only happen after the "fulness of the Gentiles".

At least Apostle Paul thought the "fulness of the Gentiles had come, for he was going to try and save some of them, and he is the one who wrote the passage of "fulness of the Gentiles".

Rom 11:25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

BBob,

#96 Brother Bob, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
  17. skypair

skypair Active Member

Apparently, despite all those verses, you do not know where the "throne of David" is, sir. (It's on earth -- it's to be in Jerusalem when it appears).

skypair

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Have you actually ever read what "New Jerusalem" really is.

Rev 3:12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

Rev 21:2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Mat 5:14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

If we are a City, what is the name of that City, do you know??

Still looking for the Messiah to come the first time, I see.

BBob,

#98 Brother Bob, Oct 31, 2007
  19. skypair

skypair Active Member

Well, yeah. I wouldn't say I agree with your description of it as being people. It is actually made with literal jewelled foundations of the 12 apostles and pearly gates named for the tribes of Israel. It is crystal clear with rather "fat" dimensions if it is people.

Apparently you don't take it literally either that "the name of My God" and a "new name" shall be written on our heads?

Let me explain what I believe about NJ. Christ is preparing it for the church in heaven now, John 14:1-4. He is coming in the air pretrib to take us there, 1Thes 4:17. PostMK -- this is going to be tough for you to understand -- the earth will be renovated so that God's kingdom/NJ may come to earth, 2Pet 3:10, preceding which the saints on earth will be raptured to NJ, Rev 20:11. Rev 21 is the first time that the perfect kingdom comes down to earth where God awaits her to wed (there's a "wife" - Jesus wife the church - and a "bride" - God's bride Israel - within the city like it says). The church's "homes"/"mansions" will be in NJ -- the OT, trib, and MK saints will live in the renovated earth and come into OUR city to see God and eat from the trees of life.

We aren't a city. Mt 5:14 is a comparison.

I don't mean to demean your education generally but this is one area where you could spend a little more time.

skypair

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

NO!
    So, is the Apostles not people, or the twelve tribes of Israel, not people. Who will be the Temple in that City. Will it be out of stone?? Are you going to be a pillar in that city, or are you left out?

Yes you do!! But you are not refuting me, you are refuting scripture, for that is all I have posted.

Just where will He be setting this City up?? This happens when the Lord comes back.

2Pe 3:10¶But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

So, the Lord lied to us, and we can't believe all of His word, just what we want???

Mat 5:14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Hbr 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Hbr 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb

BBob,

#100 Brother Bob, Oct 31, 2007