1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we to ask for forgivness for sins?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jarthur001, May 13, 2006.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

God does not disinherit his own children.
    Nor does he lie. The gift of God is eternal life. Do you believe that or not? If eternal life could end at any time then eternal would no longer be eternal; it would only be temporary and Jesus Christ would be found to be a liar.
    DHK

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disciplex,

Have you ever prayed God to forgive your sins until you get the Answer from God?

What was the answer?

Have you read this?

Heb 10:17
    And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I don't know what you mean with answer. I don't hear from God. At least not with a voice or something like that.

@ DHK

But what if a born again christian falls off and turns his back on Jesus? Are you saying once you have converted you can do whatever you want and still get to heaven? :confused:
    Sure, the eternal life argument is a good one. But what about the warnings and all this stuff? Why does the bible say "he who endures until the end shall be saved"? All of this makes no sense at all if you cannot be lost.

1Ti 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

Luk 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Luk 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Joh 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
    Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. :eek: :eek:

Paul wrote this about himself! :eek:

Explain this to me, DHK.
    All these verses make no sense at all if you cannot get lost. :(

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what you mean with answer. I don't hear from God. At least not with a voice or something like that.
    </font>[/QUOTE]This is the main problem!
    You may be pumping your prayers unilaterally and continuously without listening to the Answer from God.

God answers our prayer very clearly undoubtably!
    Try to pray God to forgive your sins until you confirm His Answer clearly! Otherwise you have not got the Answer yet, which means NO FORGIVENESS YET !

This is very much serious problem in your life!

God is not God who do not answer to the prayers. Read Mat 7:7-11

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Then you will get the Answer from Him clearly!

I have told you already that I received the Answer from God, when I asked Him to forgive my sins. His Answer was that He forgave my sins at the Cross already 2000 years ago!

When we get the Answer from God when we prayed Him to forgive our sins, we are born again.

After we get the Answer from God that all of our sins were forgiven, for the past, for the present, for the future, we may sin from time to time and discover the sins which we didn't know in the past, then we repent and confess such sins in front of God, then God forgives us by helping us to realize that such sins were also included in the forgiveness which was done at the Cross already.

So, any confession or Asking forgiveness without reaching to the Cross means Half-way belief.

We must confess and pray God to forgive our sins until we get the Answer from God about the Cross which was done already by Jesus.
    After repetition of this process we start to distinguish between Confession and Ask Forgiveness.
    Any Asking without believing the Redemption at the Cross is deemed to be pagan.

[ May 20, 2006, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Eliyahu ]